4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 3:29 PM by MervSims

Premier Elements 11

MervSims Level 1

Due to a problem with PC I have had to shadow image made last August. As at that time Premier elements was not working correctly ( unable to view thumbnails in organizer) Sandeep Singh corrected this and explainer tha reason was Editor had not been opened first before Organizer.

I thought I would un-install Premier Elements 11 and then re- install correctly. Can anyone help with this please.

I have also noticed since that I am unable to view my videos in any program 'QuickTime' say unsupported format and 'Real Player' say the are MPEG-2 files.  All files are on partitioned drive. Were they affected by Adobe Elements in any way when by previous install.

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 11
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There's not really enough information for us to help you. You haven't even said what operating system you're using or even if you are on PC or a Mac.

But to uninstall, you just use the Premiere Elements uninstall program, right in the program's directory (or use the uninstall tool in Windows Control Panel).

As for your problems viewing videos that you've published and shared -- again, it depends on what you output them as.

Premiere Elements does not in any way affect or change your original media files.

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 11
            MervSims Level 1

Thanks Steve  I am using Windows 8.1. I have seen that video files show up as error 2048 which is currupt windows file.

When I get that sorted I will install premier elements 11. I want to make sure this time when I open it that I can view thumbnails.

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

MervSims

I was trying to find your prior thread(s) as background for this current thread and could not. Did you post in August 2013 under a different ID?

Am I understanding you correctly in that your problem at this moment is playing back MPEG2 files on your Windows 8.1 64 bit and not problems related to the actual use of these MPEG2 files at this time in Premiere Elements 11 Windows editor?

There are known MPEG2 issues related to Windows 8 and 8.1 players. And, I am wondering if that is what you are now encountering.

One example

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-pictures/win-8-media-player-wi ll-not-open-mpeg-2-files/92ba38ae-4315-4c0f-a3cc-250bbdce860a

What computer operating system and version of Premiere Elements were you using in August 2013?

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 11
                MervSims Level 1

No I did not post last August, Adobe did sort the problem, they said it was something to do with importing into Organizer before opening Editor for first time when.

My Mpeg files show error 2048 ( currupt windows files). When this is sorted I can then  install Premier Elements.

Many thanks for your intrest