5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 7:54 AM by keithVTGROUP

Signatures using Acrobat XI Pro on Microsoft Surface Pro Pen

cottrele

Hopefully someone can help me out.  I have talked to Microsoft and Adobe and between them them seem to think that I could use the Microsoft Surface Pro pen to sign documents.  I have purchased Acrobat XI on my Surface Pro and still cannot get the pen to sign signatures.  I have read several other posts on the site but cannot seem to get a definative answer if it can be done.

I need the ability to fill out a pdf form with a signature place for both the owner of the surface and the Customer he is visiting.  The adobe pdf is being created by Adobe livecycle and the data is then uploaded to SAP. 

I have tried several programs and either they support signatures on the surface but do not support the version of the pdf file I need to use or it will open the pdf file but does not appear to support the pen on the surface pro. 

Please help

• 1. Re: Signatures using Acrobat XI Pro on Microsoft Surface Pro Pen
          dr_nuke

I am trying to figure out signatures too.

As far as I can tell, the best you can do is use the Free Draw Form tool to sign.  Unfortunately that tool turns the writing/mark-up into a vector image so you may have problems with it looking correct.  For a signature I think you'd probably want a bitmap image but I'm pretty sure Acrobat won't do that.  Give the Free Draw Form tool a try. (It's the pencil tool found in the Comment:Markups menu)

If I'm not mistaken, you might be able to use the mobile Acrobat Reader app for Windows 8 for signatures, but I'm not sure if this requires the form to use Echosign.  Echosign won't work for our workflow.

If you find a solution, please post here.  I'm interested to know too.

• 2. Re: Signatures using Acrobat XI Pro on Microsoft Surface Pro Pen
            ShawnFLM Level 1

I had a way to do this. I had installed CC on my Surface Pro 3 and when I was creating a signature it gave me an option to draw it in with the pen. It was working great. Course in Adobe like fashion, it shoots itself in the foot. When I started using my laptop again, in addition to my desktop and SP3, CC forces you to deactivate all your devices. Looks like on this deactivation it dumped all my previous settings, including the drawn signature I created. Now I'm trying to figure out how I did it the first time. Seems it is throwing a different screen now. I don't know if a silent update did this or what, but its a totally different process than I went through the first time.

• 3. Re: Signatures using Acrobat XI Pro on Microsoft Surface Pro Pen
              Sabian Zildjian Level 4

Not for embedded biometric data used in signatures like Topaz offers, but I guess you could try their 3rd party Acrobat Signature plug-in to see if it works with the Surface Pro Pen.  You can, as already stated, use it for images and EchoSign.  You could also just create Standard signatures but that kind of defeats the purpose of customizing it with your signature image.

• 4. Re: Signatures using Acrobat XI Pro on Microsoft Surface Pro Pen
                keithVTGROUP

Why hasn't this been answered? These Forums are absurd if you cant get an answer. You pay an arm and a leg for this software and no support is given.

I have the same issue as the folks above.

Supposedly this was being done, but a wipe had to be done on the Surface we have and now we cant get it back. They were clicking where they wanted to sign the document with the stylus and hand writing a signature.

• 5. Re: Signatures using Acrobat XI Pro on Microsoft Surface Pro Pen
                  keithVTGROUP Level 1

Here is the answer:

Signatures using Acrobat XI Pro on Microsoft Surface Pro Pen - Bing video

By going to View, Comment, Drawing and Markups. Click on the pencil, the click where you want the signature to go.

The above video shows it at about the 20 second mark.

Works perfectly on my Surface 3 with Acrobat XI Pro.

1 person found this helpful