5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 3:12 PM by A.T. Romano

Slideshow problem

thejohnnys

I have about 230 slides in my DVD slideshow project. I have decided to eliminate a few to better match the soundtrack but when I delete a slide the slides to the right of the deleted slide do not automatically move to the left. It just shows a blank white space. I tried the delete keyn on my keyboard to delete the white space but with no luck. I am hoping I do not have to move all the slides manually. Is there an easy solution to this problem. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob

• 1. Re: Slideshow problem
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

What version of Premiere Elements/Elements Organizer are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Where are you

a. Premiere Elements (11 or 12) Expert or Quick workspaces OR Timeline Sceneline workspace of earlier versions of the programs?

b. Some version of the Elements Organizer/Create/Slideshow/Slideshow Editor?

c. What are the pixel dimensions for those 230 slides? Are they jpeg?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Slideshow problem
            thejohnnys Level 1

Hi, Thank you for your quick respnse. I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 9. I am in Expert mode. I am running Windows 7 I did not use "Create Slideshow. I entered all the slide manually and have a simple disolve between slides. I resized all photos to 1000 by 700or so. Theyare jpeg. Bob

• 3. Re: Slideshow problem
              A.T. Romano Level 7

thejohnnys

Classically the Delete and Close Gap command does not work under certain conditions where there is content on track(s) above or below the track where you want to Delete and Close Gap.

But, it gets more complicated than that. I found that out in a recent study I did in reply to another user's similar issue.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe-delete-and-close-gap-failures.html

Please review the details of the matter as described in the blog post. Your answer may be to select remaining clips as a block selection and then move the block selection with the mouse cursor to close the gap. See blog post for those details.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Slideshow problem
                thejohnnys Level 1

Dear Mr. Romano,

With your advice and your recent post to another user's similar problem I was able to fix my problem. What I did was to delete my audio and then the program was able to delete and close the gap between slides. I then just added back the audio and things were great. Thank you so much for your help. This forum is just about the greatest thing, without it I would be lost. Thanks again, Bob

• 5. Re: Slideshow problem
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

Great news. We are so glad that the suggestion worked for you.

You did a great job.

Continued success with your Premiere Elements worksflows.

Forums such as this one are great places to learn and share. This learning continues for all of us

whether we are beginner, intermediate, or advanced users of Premiere Elements.

Thanks for the follow.

ATR