5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2014 9:45 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premiere 9 fuzzy video

TrStudios

I open Adobe premiere 9 and when i import my video into it, and put the video onto my timeline it becomes very fuzzy. I am using an Everio Camcord. The videos are fine on imovie, but not in premiere? any help- Mac osx 10.9.2

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere 9 fuzzy video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TrStudios

We know from what you wrote that you are working with Premiere Elements 9.0 (assumed with 9.0.1 Update version), running on a Mac computer.

What are the properties of your source media

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

Based on those properties, what are you setting as the project preset for your project that you say displays fuzzy in the Edit area?

When you see this fuzzy video in the Edit area monitor, is there a red line over its content on the Timeline? If so, do you press the Enter Key of the computer

main keyboard to get the best possible preview of what you are seeing in that monitor?

Is your computer's video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? Does you computer work with 1 or 2 video cards?

Is the format of this particular problem video the only one that you are having problems with or is the fuzzy display also see if you used jpeg photos instead of your video in the project?

Please review and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Adobe premiere 9 fuzzy video
            TrStudios Level 1

This is the newest imac 2014

So, what do I have to do? Im very new to this. But really need the help. If there is a video or tutorial you know of?

Thanks

TR

• 5. Re: Adobe premiere 9 fuzzy video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TrStudios

Thank you for the reply.

No matter how many tutorials you read, you are still going to know basic information about what you are importing into the project, how you are editing, and how you are exporting it.

The start should be to know and use the properties of what you are importing into the project. As I asked before:

What are the properties of your source media

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

If you do not know, a start would be to tell us the brand/model/camera settings of the camera used to record the video and/or photos.

If it got more complicated than that and be needed deeper information, you could download and install video properties readout programs such as MediaInfo http://mediainfo-mac.en.softonic.com/mac

But, it may not need to get to that. We will do one step at a time.

But please understand, since you come with a problem involving fuzzy video, there are all important aspects of trying to get to the core of the problem.

After we determine the properties of the videos that you want to edit, we assure that you are using the right project settings. Those settings should match the properties of the video. So, here we are back at wanting to know the properties of the source video.

If you hve the right project settings and you follow with import of your video, then we go into the next phase of troubleshooting in the Edit area. That will involved rendered vs unrendered content and what the playback of that content looks like in the Edit area monitor.

But, for now, I would like to confine your focus to the source media and getting it into your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 project with the right project preset. So put on hold thoughts of the Editing area.

Please review and then let us know if you are OK with the details and goals. Once we have this basic information, I will customize a step by step for you on how to get through a project that you want to do.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...For an detailed overview of Premiere Elements 9, please refer to its Help PDF file

http://help.adobe.com/archive/en_US/premiereelements/9/premiereelements_9_help.pdf