2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 8:41 AM by the_wine_snob

Video Display Drivers

otweihmayr

I own an older model laptop - Dell Vostro 1700. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 from my true and trusted XP platform, I also upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit. Today, when I tried to launch my Adobe Premiere Pro, I got the following error message:

Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules

Please update your video display drivers and start again

A cursory look through the Dell support site shows that there are no 64 bit drivers for the Vostro 1700, nor any that are really designed for Windows 8.1. Can anyone help me so I can start using this amazing piece of software (yes, I did complete the tutorial)?

Thank you in advance,

otw

• 1. Re: Video Display Drivers
          A.T. Romano Level 7

otweilhmayr

What version of Premiere Pro do you have on your Windows 8.1 64 bit? What video card does your computer have?

Put those answers on hold until you get to the Premiere Pro Forum where Premiere Pro users can give you some insights on the matter from the Premiere Pro perspective.

We are Premiere Elements users here.

You have posted in the wrong forum. You have posted in the Premiere Elements Forum. Since you have some version of Premiere Pro, please repost in the Adobe Premiere Pro Forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere

or a moderator will be by to move your thread from here to there for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Video Display Drivers
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

If you can tell us which version of PrPro you have (per ATR's question), I can Move your post to the appropriate forum.

The reason that the version is important is that the PrPro Forum is split, with PrPro CS4 & Earlier, and then PrPro CS5 through CC.

Just let us know the version, and there will be no need to repost, Moving your thread will be easy.

Good luck,

Hunt