2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 9:10 AM by the_wine_snob

Default Setting APE 11

Phil.com Level 1

How do I set DV/Standard 48Hz as my default standard. Every time I start a project I have to set it  to DV/Standard 48Hz.

Thank you.

Cheers! Phil

• 1. Re: Default Setting APE 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

You cannot.

I have tried. But, until proven otherwise, it is what it is, with Premiere Elements 11 default project preset = NTSC/AVCHD/Full HD1080i30 or its PAL counterpart.

Gone is the default project preset = NTSC DV Standard or its PAL counterpart in the days of Premiere Elements earlier than 11.

If your source media require NTSC DV Standard, in theory, the program should give you that project preset when you drag that media to the Timeline for the first time. It does not always. So, then you need to set the project preset manually (including check mark for "Force Seletect Project Setting on This Project") before importing the media.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-accuracy-of-automatic-project.html

ATR

• 2. Re: Default Setting APE 11
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Phil,

My experiences mirror those of ATR.

It appears that when Adobe introduced the ability to "read" a Video file, to set the Project to match, the ability to establish a true Default Project disappeared.

One workaround would be to set up a Project, exactly as you desire, and Save that, before Importing any Assets. That would create a "template Project." One would Open that, and immediately do a Save_As, so as to not overwrite that template, and then begin editing from there. I do similar when I know that I will have many Projects in a "series."

Good luck,

Hunt