10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2014 8:19 AM by daveujn

Audio problem with hardware

daveujn Level 1

Hi,

I am using premiere elements 10 with an imac. I have recently purchased a Bose soundlink mini to use via bluetooth.

The problem is when I go to the premiere elements preferences to select the soundlink as the audio source, as soon as

I press play the computer freezes and I have to shut it all down.

It only does this with premiere elements. Any ideas for a solution would be appreciated.

Dave

• 1. Re: Audio problem with hardware
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

External speakers stop playback http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1370072?tstart=0 may help

• 2. Re: Audio problem with hardware
            daveujn Level 1

Doesn't really apply as I am using Bluetooth. But reconnected several times but to no avail.

Tried to ask Adobe through live chat and was told they will not help as elements 10 is to old. They have got to be kidding!!!!! So no help from them.

If anyone can help?????

Dave

• 3. Re: Audio problem with hardware
              A.T. Romano Level 7

daveujn

I do not have Premiere Elements Mac, but still I would ask.

Your Blose Soundlink should have a minijack audio input on the back of the speaker which permits for a conventional wired connection instead of Bluetooth.

Does the Blose Soundlink work with Premiere Elements when you use the "conventional wired connection"?

ATR

• 4. Re: Audio problem with hardware
                daveujn Level 1

Hi A T Romano,

Yes it works fine when connected via the mini jack.

Also for further information, when I go into preferences>audio hardware>default device and choose anything other than built-in output I get the same result, computer freezes.

Dave

• 5. Re: Audio problem with hardware
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

With the Bluetooth connection, does the placement of the Blose relative to the computer make any difference?

It would appear that Premiere Elements is recognizing the Blose, but the audio performance is poor to freezing. Is that correct?

Is there anything in the following Blose document that you do not know or have already been there and done that

http://worldwide.bose.com/productsupport/en_us/web/article_701_pairing_to_a_mac/page.html

ATR

• 6. Re: Audio problem with hardware
                    daveujn Level 1

A T R

The Bosespeaker is directly under the computer so placement is not an issue.

Also everything in the provided link has been done.

It maybe that the Bose speaker is a distraction as as I mentioned in the previous post it does not matter what I try to change the audio to, Premiere elements Freezes the whole computer .

Dave

• 7. Re: Audio problem with hardware
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

daveujn

Since Premiere Elements 10 is involved, I do not expect we would get any help from Adobe on Bluetooth speakers and Premiere Elements Mac or Windows. Any chance we could get some input from Bose on this?

Also, my apologizes to Bose. I have a mess of misspelling of Bose that the system is not letting me correct. So when you see Blose, please  think Bose. Sorry about that.

I did a quick online search to see if someone has dealt with Premiere Elements and Bluetooth speakers, and I have not found any yet. I usually prefer not to inject Premiere Pro workflows into Premiere Elements especially when you have Premiere Elements and not Premiere Pro. But I did come across this thread in the Premiere Pro Forum regarding Mac and the Bose Bluetooth speakers.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1308217

It looks like it is referencing back to the same Bose location that I referenced.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Audio problem with hardware
                        daveujn Level 1

A T Romano

Just to clarify, Adobe said they would look at the issue but only if I upgrade. Not great customer service!

I looked at the thread you sent and it did not help unfortunately.

Have spoken to Bose and they are adamant that the problem is not the Bose product

Have spoken to apple support ( great service,take note Adobe) and after a lot of investigation and setting up test accounts etc, they believe that the problem is also with Adobe.

I have now been down every avenue in the sound preferences with either wiring the unit or via bluetooth.

The problem still only exists when I choose the Bose soundlink from the audio output preferences in Adobe premiere elements.

Dave

• 9. Re: Audio problem with hardware
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Except for some particular program activation issues, Adobe has maintained the stance of troubleshooting for purchased/registered/current version.

Keep in mind that I am not Adobe, just a program user, and I am not trying to sell you anything.....for troubleshooting purposes only, have you considered downloading and installing the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 12 Mac from Adobe and checking out the Bose Bluetooth and Premiere Elements 12 Mac in your Mac computer environment?

I will continue to watch for reports specific to the Premiere Elements 12 and Bose Bluetooth user.

Do you have a Windows computer so that you can determine if this issue to specific to the Mac user?

ATR

• 10. Re: Audio problem with hardware
                            daveujn Level 1

A T Romano

In answer to your last question No I don't have a windows pc so not an option i'm afraid.

In regard to trying it with elements 12 I guess that is an option but to be honest I am that frustated by this that at this moment I don't want to waste any more time over it. Or your time.

I guess shortly I will try it.

I am aware that you are a program user and I am fully aware that novices like myself  are reliant on the good nature of people like you and others to give advice on how to use these programs.

It's just a shame that companies like Adobe and other companies  also rely on people like you to do their job for them.

Rant over!

Once again, thanks.......as always.

Dave