Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ClickTag problem with flash

Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am not a coder, and I need some coding help with google ClickTag parameters in AS3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m doing a Flash banner for display network on google adwords, after completing the flash and tried to upload it to google I got this message:

ClickTag is required, but not found.

I went through clickTAG instructions from Google and got the code:

import flash.events.MouseEvent;
import flash.net.URLRequest;
// ......
someButton_or_displayObject_to_receive_mouseClick.addEventListener(
MouseEvent.CLICK,
function(event: MouseEvent) : void {
flash.net.navigateToURL(new URLRequest( root.loaderInfo.parameters.clickTAG), "_blank");
}
   );

aswell as changing the “someButton_or_displayObject_to_receive_mouseClick” with the actual name of button that will receive the click.

I added a layer and created a “symbol” button with a (hit) that covers the full banner.

Made sure the name of the property and the button are “button”

I got it to the front of the banner and added this code:

// ......
button.addEventListener(
MouseEvent.CLICK,
function(event: MouseEvent) : void {
flash.net.navigateToURL(new URLRequest( root.loaderInfo.parameters.clickTAG), "_blank");
}
   );

I got no errors from flash professional and thought that it’s done.

But google adwords still say :

ClickTag is required, but not found.

When I upload it !

I tried adding “root”. And tried “ _level0” but it didn’t work and got error messages.

I tried everything I found on the internet to fix this problem, but I wasn’t able to ….

Would appreciate if anyone can help me out figure whats wrong!

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally the clickTAG parameter itself is defined in the html's swf embedding code.  WHo manages that, you or Google?

It is better to not build the function in-line with the listener....

button.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, linkURL);

function linkURL(event: MouseEvent) : void {

navigateToURL(new URLRequest( root.loaderInfo.parameters.clickTAG), "_blank");

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

I'm pretty sure that google embeds the code in here display platforms on the websites...

I never saw anything that needed embedding or any required "coding skills", and i did learn any when i took an adwords course.

non the less i took another look and seems to me that google manages and only needs the ad to support clickTAG ---

maybe i missed something ( English is my 3rd language so sorry for misspelling or for not misunderstanding)

i will quote:

Google doesn't allow Flash ads that don't support the clickTAG variable. The clickTAG is the tracking code assigned by Google to an individual ad. It allows Google to register where the ad was displayed when it was clicked and helps advertisers determine the effectiveness of their campaign.

• On any click, Flash ads should redirect to the URL specified in the clickTAG argument; there should be no other redirection in between.
  • The variable name must be spelled "clickTAG" (upper-case TAG; no space between click and TAG) and not "click tag," "Click Tag," or any other form.

I manage my own adwords account and online marketing, though i always used the text ads and not displays and image/swf ones.

i was hoping you'll get here as i made a long search and saw this thread before posting and it kinda helped me get here :

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5669826#5669826

I changed the code to the one you sent me and i still get the clickTAG notice: ClickTag is required, but not found.

anything you think that i should try ?! (been trying stuff for hours and hours)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Flash file an Actionscript 3 file?  (I'm just fishing for ideas)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying

yes it's an actionscript 3 file ...

i used the preset advertising templates from flash and didn't do any changes in the Actionscript settings (which are set at AS3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awsome! It worked for me. Took me about 4 hours before I found this answer.

button.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, linkURL);

function linkURL(event: MouseEvent) : void {

navigateToURL(new URLRequest( root.loaderInfo.parameters.clickTAG), "_blank");

}

Thank you Ned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

actually for google Ad-Words you'll need script like

button.addEventListener (MouseEvent.CLICK,  goToLink);

function goToLink( event: MouseEvent ) : void {

if ( root.loaderInfo.parameters.clickTAG.substr (0,5) == "http:") {

flash.net.navigateToURL ( new URLRequest(root.loaderInfo.parameters.clickTAG), "_blank"

);

}

}

i've tried and it's working for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines