3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 1:13 PM by A.T. Romano

Compressing a video

baker1059

I just finished editing a video in premiere and now I need to compress the video so I can post it on my facebook account. When I try to hit the export video option it is gray and is not giving me this option. I'm stuck trying to compress this video. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Compressing a video
          nealeh Level 5

Export is for exporting Titles. You want Publish+Share towards the top right of the screen. Once you've selected it you have to look carefully to spot the scroll bars with which you can see all the available sharing options.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: Compressing a video
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 has several links about SHARING

• 3. Re: Compressing a video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

baker1059

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Do you presently have Premiere Elements 7 which includes the File Menu/Export/Movie and is that what is not working? Or, do you have a later version of Premiere Elements in which the File Menu/Export/Movie is no longer available, instead only File Menu/Export/Title?

What is your plan for getting your video to Facebook

a. export your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file to Facebook at the Facebook web site?

b. use the Premiere Elements upload of your Timeline content to Facebook from within the Premiere Elements sharing area (called Share/Computer/Online/ in version earlier than 11 or Publish+Share/Online/ for version 11 or Publish+Share/Social Websites/ for version 12?

Have you coordinated your plans with the Facebook requirements for uploading videos to it.

http://www.facebook.com/help/videos

Please review the above and then let us know if you have questions or need clarification on anything written.

Thank you.

ATR