2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 7:41 PM by GLCitizen

Save printer setting with document?

GLCitizen

How can I make a document retain or save the last used printer preset setting instead of reselecting it from the dropdown preset list each time I print the document?

• 1. Re: Save printer setting with document?
          Daniel Flavin Level 4

Documents retain the last used settings on a per document basis. (It seems more useful that a b/w doc always retain b/w; letter size print on letter; etc. Many would be frustrated to find their tabloid color poster document printing on letter size paper in grayscale if a draft letter were the last document printed)

• 2. Re: Save printer setting with document?
            GLCitizen Level 1

Actually, that is exactly what I'm looking for: I want the document to retain the settings last used for that particular document. Right now, even after I save the document after printing it with a particular saved print preset (ie. 'Letter Grayscale'), when I reopen that same file and proceed to print, the preset is set as [Default] and not 'Letter Grayscale'

This is occuring in a newly installed InDesign CS5.5 on a new computer with Windows 7. I did not experience this issue in my previous setups with CS2 and CS4 (on XP) where the last used printer settings were always saved with the document.

Any additional insight?