5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 2:36 PM by A.T. Romano RSS

Adobe Premiere Elements, Photoshop and Flash Player

rdolson@cox.net

All of my Adobe products suddenly stopped working. I reloaded Premiere Elements 8 to no avail. Photoshop will no longer bring up organizer, and I can't download the latest version of Flash Player.  What's going on???  I have Windows 7.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements, Photoshop and Flash Player
          A.T. Romano Community Member

rdolson

I would approach this one program at a time.

Since this is the Premiere Elements Forum, let us start with trying to get that installed first.

What antivirus program do you have? If McAfee, let us know since recent updates of it have caused serious Premiere Elements problems.

Are just the Adobe programs affected by this issue? Are you getting error messages associated with your problems?

Deactivate, uninstall, and run the ccleaner through your computer (regular cleaning and registry cleaning parts) to get rid of any leftovers

from incomplete installs and reinstalls.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

1. Make sure that you are running the computer from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

2. Make sure that your video card/graphics card is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card.

3. Make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on this computer.

Next reinstall Premiere Elements 8 with antivirus and firewalls turned Off.

Once installed, then install the Premiere Elements 8.0.1 Update from the opened project Help Menu/Update.

Make sure that you run Premiere Elements 8.0.1 with the automatic features of Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer turned Off.

Let us see the results of that.

For the next phase, please define your program..."Photoshop" what version of Photoshop CS or higher OR some version of Photoshop Elements?

Flash Player, what version?

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements, Photoshop and Flash Player
            rdolson@cox.net Community Member

Yes I have MacAfee.  I will try do this complex stuff tomorrow.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements, Photoshop and Flash Player

rdolson

Wait. Before you get into the troubleshooting scheme cited, disable the McAfee. And determine what happens to your issue.

There have been several reports of catastrophic happenings with Premiere Elements related specifically to recent updates of

McAfee. So that factor has to be ruled in or out at the onset.

Looking forward to all your results.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements, Photoshop and Flash Player
                rdolson@cox.net Community Member

Yes, it worked.  I temporarily disabled McAfee blockers and was able to get the Premiere Elements 8 to work.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements, Photoshop and Flash Player

rdolson

Thanks for the good news that the antivirus McAfee was found to be causing your Premiere Elements issues.

Have you been keeping the McAfee up to date? If not, perhaps a more recent update might not have the same bad effects

on Premiere Elements as the current McAfee update.

Please update us on your Premiere Elements workflow progress when you have the time.

Thank you.

ATR