4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2014 7:59 AM by A.T. Romano

Audio problems

pidanick

I am having trouble with audio after burning an premier elements project to dvd using microsoft movie maker. The audio is either missing or intermitent.

• 1. Re: Audio problems
          A.T. Romano Level 7

pidanick

Your question cannot be answered since what you describe is not possible.

Premiere Elements does not use Microsoft Movie Maker for the Premiere Elements burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD or anything else.

So, could you restate your problem, telling us how Microsoft Movie Maker is relating to your Premiere Elements project.

Important, what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please let us know the properties of what you are importing into Premiere Elements, what project preset you are using, and whether

the audio issue is before or only after burn to. Are you set up for NTSC or PAL, and is your end product DVD-VIDEO standard or DVD-VIDEO widescreen?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Audio problems
            pidanick Level 1

Thank you for your response to my question. It was a poor one reflecting my frustration with creating movies.

I am running PE12 on a windows 7, 64bit system. I want to combine several projects on a single DVD that I published using PE12.. To do this I use  Windows DVD maker. I would like to do this using PE12 but it does not detect my DVD burners. I have two (2) my internal and a Blue Ray external. I did have a problem with my computer where Dell reloaded my operating system and some of the software may not have come up clean. PE12 I loaded from a download purchase after the reload.

I publish in PE12 as Computer/MPEG using the default settings (preset F4V-HD 1800p). When I did this some of the projects finished with no audio. I re-published and they played fine on my computer but the audio was intermittent when I played the DVD on an external DVD player. By intermittent, the audio would start out OK but part way through it would disappear on some of the projects.  In these cases I dubbed music to the video. On some where the film voice was used, it appears to get out of sync with the video. The problems post burn, may  well be due to a problem with Windows DVD maker. I would like to prove it using the PE12 software to burn a DVD, but I can't due to it not detecting my burners. 

Any suggestions?? Thank you for your help with this problem. 

• 3. Re: Audio problems
              nealeh Level 5

Try burning to a folder with PRE and then using the free ImgBurn to burn it to disk. Just make sure you read all the screens carefully when installing ImgBurn to avoid unwanted other stufff (links and more details at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583).

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 4. Re: Audio problems
                A.T. Romano Level 7

pidanick

Please consider refreshing the DVD drivers for the internal DVD burner.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cd-dvd-drive-recognized-application.html

Also, do you have iTunes installed on your computer?

The following may or may not apply to your particular situation if you can see the burner drive in Computer Windows.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/12/pe-burn-location-no-burners-found.html

Trying to use Premiere Elements' burn to folder is an alternative which should give you the VIDEO_TS Folder in the burn to folder's saved  folder. Then this VIDEO_TS Folder can be taken to DVD-VIDEO on DVD using a 3rd party software such as ImgBurn

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_avchd_with_imgburn.cfm

However, no matter how you get to the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, there is are issues related to the audio. Let us see if we can correct that by changing some of your intermediate choices.

From what you wrote with regard to combine several projects into one, you appear to be using a F4V-HD 1080p file. Don't.

For now I am assuming that you have 1080p projects destined for DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, and you are in a NTSC setup.

1. If you must get a 1920 x 1080 file in your work, export the Timeline content of each project to AVCHD.mp4 via Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30. (Pending further information from you, we might also go with one of the .m2t choices).

If this is heading for DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc, then all these AVCHD.mp4 files would be brought into one 1080p project and burn to DVD-VIDEO widescreen with the widescreen preset.

Question: Does the individual AVCHD.mp4 play back with video and audio?

2. Without further information, I would wonder why you do not take the individual 1080p projects to DV AVI Widescreen and then import all the DV AVI Widescreen into one DV Widescreen project and burn to DVD-VIDEO widescreen with the widescreen preset.

Does the DV AVI widescreen play baack with video and audio?

The burn to with a burner not recognized by Premiere Elements is the second part of your problems as I see it.

Also review Publish+Share/Computer choices which include

Adobe Flash Video

MPEG

AVCHD

XAVC-S

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTime

Audio

The preset of F4V-HD 1080p is offered under Publish+Share/Computer/Adobe Flash Video, not MPEG

Please consider and then let us know where you have questions and/or need clarification.

Thanks.

ATR