6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2014 10:31 AM by Eman Fu

Recover Saved Form Data

robota123

Hello,

We have received 2 complaints that saved form data was not recoverable.

I have the specifics for the later item and if it is possible, please recover the data:

This was the user's recovery URL:

http://www.designentrepreneursnyc.com/applicationForm.html#_%40%40rdd%3DsHDXygBsd796bvYN1K BLRwgG-pd-bxPQFrFxo6g3Hy4UR8BaozaA2jy*M*auolCSc

The email address used: anna@annazeman.com

Please also let me know if there have been any issue with the save function.

Thank you.

--Rich Ota

• 1. Re: Recover Saved Form Data
          Eman Fu Adobe Employee

Hi Rich,

According to our record, the user owning the above recovery URL has submitted her form on 3/12/14 at around 2:51 PM PDT. Once the form data is submitted, we will delete the saved data from our server, and you should receive the submitted data in your response table in your form. This is how the save function is supposed to work.

Could you check your form's responses to see if there is data submitted around the time I mentioned?

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Eman Fu

Senior Computer Scientist

Adobe Systems Incorporated

• 2. Re: Recover Saved Form Data
            robota123 Level 1

Eman,

I have reviewed that responses from yesterday and from the history. I don’t see any signs of her submitted form.

The form is contained on a web page via embed code.

This person claims to have saved the form data on 3/12 and I assume submitted on 3/12. It sounds like she saved the form a number of times.

Some of her comments:

- The first form I that saved and had a link sent was yesterday at 4:34.  I continuously saved throughout the process and chose to have the link resent after being prompted at 5:37.

- I am using a MacBook Pro.

- I am using Safari version 6.0.5

===============================================================

As per our conversation, below is the link to my application form that I refreshed very shortly before choosing to submit my application.  Please note that the link was active until I submitted the application.

http://www.designentrepreneursnyc.com/applicationForm.html#_%40%40rdd%3DsHDXygBsd796bvYN1K BLRwgG-pd-bxPQFrFxo6g3Hy4UR8BaozaA2jy*M*auolCSc

Below are the other responses during that time period:

March 14, 2014 12:17 AM

March 13, 2014 5:34 PM

March 13, 2014 1:44 PM

March 13, 2014 11:46 AM

March 12, 2014 7:22 PM

March 11, 2014 11:55 PM

I assume when you say, “form on 3/12/14 at around 2:51 PM PDT”, that would translate to my time: 5:51 PM EDT.

The only submission on March 12 was not hers.

Is there anywhere else that this data can be found? Can you check on the actual submissions for 3/12?

Thanks.

--Rich Ota

• 3. Re: Recover Saved Form Data
              Eman Fu Adobe Employee

Hi Rich,

According to your customer's comment: "Please note that the link was active until I submitted the application.", it looks like she did submit the application, but somehow the submission didn't reach your response table, and the saved data got deleted due to submission. I am really sorry about the problem.

I managed to restore her form data, and now the data recovery link is working again. Please try it and let me know if it works to you. It's better to ask your customer to recover her data with the link and verify if the data I restored is correct before she submit it again. After she submit the form, please check your response table to see if you can see her data.

Sorry for any inconvenience the issue has caused, and thank you for using FormsCentral.

Thanks,

Eman Fu

• 4. Re: Recover Saved Form Data
                Eman Fu Adobe Employee

By the way, please remove the data recovery links from your message, otherwise anyone seeing this post will be able to see your customer's data.

Eman Fu

• 5. Re: Recover Saved Form Data
                  robota123 Level 1

Thanks for the help.

How do I update my postings to remove the links?

• 6. Re: Recover Saved Form Data
                    Eman Fu Adobe Employee

If you see an Edit link at the lower right corner of your post, then you can edit that one. However, it looks like it's not always possible to edit all your posts. In that case, it's better to have the form submitted as soon as possible to invalidate the link.

Thanks,

Eman Fu