12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 2:59 PM by A.T. Romano

PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP

Mister Dennis

Premier Elements 11 Windows 7, Timeline will not always zoom in, Project assets do not show the second or third time you open a project file,  Error BEX64 or Error APPCRASH meesages when closing the program.

Help!

Dennis

• 1. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dennis

I saw this same error message, same version, a while back, but there was never ever follow up.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1088473

What antivirus program does your computer use? And, how long have you been working with Premiere Elements 11 on this

Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit) computer before the problem onset?

Depending on further information, I would suggest

a. Deactivate the program from the project Help Menu/Deactivate

b. Uninstall the program via the usual Control Panel route

c. Run the ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

d. Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewalls turned Off.

Please let us know the outcome.

Also, please try to recall any events that took place at the same time as the onset of the Premiere Elements and computer issues?

Did you switch to any Windows High Contrast Theme?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
            Mister Dennis Level 1

A.T.,

Thank you for your reply.  Sorry for the delay as I needed enough free time to do everything you mentioned.

I deactivated and un-installed PE11, ran C Cleaner, and reinstalled PE11 with Windows Firewall and the latest release of Avast anti virus both turned off.  Opened a current project (.prel) file, the media loaded on to the timeline, but still no Project Assets showing on the top left, and I was not able to zoom in (expand) the timeline.

To eliminate the possibility of a corrupted project file, I opened a new project with several video clips and few jpg images, perhaps 10 small windows filled in the project assets section.  I dragged a few clips and images to the timeline, did some editing, was able to zoom in to the timeline, and add more assets at will.  I saved the project and closed the program.  I re-opended the program, and the project.  The media all loaded to the timeline in the same form as I had left it, but no project assets loaded, and I could not zoom in to the timeline.

It may not make any difference, but I did discover that if I closed the program using the drop list at the top left of the screen, versus the X on the top right of the screen, the "Elements 11 Has Stopped Working" message does not show, along with the BEX64 and APPCRASH messages.  Copies of the messages are below:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BEX64

Application Name:                             Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Application Version:                           11.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:                     5041d43d

Fault Module Name:                          StackHash_e620

Fault Module Version:                        0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:                  00000000

Exception Offset:                                0000000319930522

Exception Code:                                  c0000005

Exception Data:                                   0000000000000008

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                  e620

Additional Information 2:                  e620377c7ba8d11a7499d2575df2af5d

Additional Information 3:                  b36d

Additional Information 4:                  b36d5c128f1b452785167fd7ebd29bee

Problem Event Name:                          APPCRASH

Application Name:                             Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Application Version:                           11.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:                     5041d43d

Fault Module Name:                          UIFramework.dll

Fault Module Version:                        11.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:                  5041cec7

Exception Code:                                  c0000005

Exception Offset:                                00000000000c83a7

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                  3b92

Additional Information 2:                  3b922d96b4206b43e51c5e77b3bec7d8

Additional Information 3:                  d74d

Additional Information 4:                  d74d0eccc8afd599e45fbba58062b1bd

Any more ideas?

Regards,

Dennis

• 3. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
              Mister Dennis Level 1

Here's my laptop specs:

MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz, 4.0GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, 1GB Video RAM.

Dennis

• 5. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Kingkong

Please reconsider and re-read this whole thread in view of your reference for the user to explore the program's Pan and Zoom Tool and Effect.

Nothing in the description given by Dennis supports that the Pan and Zoom Tool and effect has anything to do with this matter.

Zooming in on the Timeline content with the -+ slider of the workspace is not the same thing as applying a pan and zoom effect with the program's Pan and Zoom Tool. Zooming in on the TImeline content with the -+ slider is done to get a better view of the Timeline content, not to apply a zoom as in pan and zoom effect.

Please let us know what you had in mind when you posted that link. Are we missing something here? Perhaps I am missing your intent..

If you are having any problems with your Premiere Elements worksflows in that you have questions or need clarification on any of the features, please let us know in your own new thread.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
                  Mister Dennis Level 1

ATR,

Can you please help with my original question?  I'm still looking for a fix.

Dennis

• 7. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Dennis,

I will be doing that today. I lost track of your thread in the traffic here.

It was the post in your thread today by another that brought your thread to the surface.

Further comments and suggestions coming within a few hours or less.

Thanks. Sorry for the detour.

ATR

• 8. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Dennis,

1. What antivirus program does your computer use? If McAfee, that needs some looking into. I know that you said that you did the deactivation, uninstall, ccleaner run through, and then reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled, but please double check antivirus if McAfee is your antivirus program.

2. If that is not the factor in this that we seek, then let us go for the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (Premiere Elements' Setting File). In your Windows 7 64 bit, the path to it is:

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

I have seen this to work, when the uninstall/reinstall has not.

With regard to Timeline functions....when you say that you cannot zoom in the Timeline (part of the problem), can you

a. use the -+ slider above the Timeline for the zoom

b. use the Zoom Out ( - ) or Zoom In ( + ) icons on either side of the slider above the Timeline

c. use the \ key of the computer keyboard for the zoom

Please excuse this next question, but I have to ask so that I am not taking anything for granted....please verify that you are working in the Expert workspace all this time. If you have been in the Expert workspace all this time, what happens if you switch to the Quick workspace?

a. There is no Project Assets there. So the Project Assets questions would not be applicable there.

b. But, the questions about the zoom in and out would be applicable (-+ slider, computer \ key, and Zoom Out ( - ) Zoom In ( + ))

I am hoping for a possible gain in the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
                        Mister Dennis Level 1

A.T.,

You are a genius!   Deleting the prefs file cured both the timeline zoom and the missing project assets problem.  Unfortunately  I have to delete the file each time before I open the program, but at least I can do work again.  I'm not sure yet what causes the disruption when you close the program, but I have tried saving the prel file with a new name, not doing any editing (just open and close a project), closing the program with the drop list on the left, and closing the program with the red X on the top right of the screen.  The only difference I see is when closing the program with the red X box, you will get an error message that the program has stopped working, and get the BEX64 or APPCRASH error report.

To answer your other question, I use the latest version of Avast anti-virus.

I'll run more tests if you are curious as to what the root cause is. 

Thanks,

Dennis

• 10. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dennis

Really great news. Some more fine tuning, but progress, good job.

Did you find that deleting the whole 11.0 Folder worked whereas deleting just the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file did not? Or, did you not try the deletion of the whole 11.0 Folder yet?

We will be watching for further developments. But sounding like progress and hopefully complete success soon.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 11. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
                            Mister Dennis Level 1

I only had to delete the prefs file inside the 11.0 folder.  It's a work-around, but I placed a shortcut to the 11.0 folder on my desktop next to my Elements11 shotcut icon.

Dennis

• 12. Re: PE11 Windows 7, Timeline will not zoom, Project assets do not show 2nd time,  Error BEX64, Error APP
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dennis,

Thanks. You seem to have a troubleshooting plan in progress. If you think it worthwhile for a more permanent fix (if you find you have to repeat the fix often), you could try for the deletion of the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

But go with what is working for you.

Thanks.

ATR