1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 5:20 PM by Josh_Corey

Why don't the page breaks transfer correctly to a downloaded pdf of my form?

kuroidragon

I created a new form online and when I save it on my desktop as a pdf, the form's page breaks that I added do not transfer to the downloaded form. I end up with items that I want on one page over-flowing to the next.

How do adjust the form to break after a certain area?

Also, is there a way to change the margins so that I can fit more?

-Kat

• 1. Re: Why don't the page breaks transfer correctly to a downloaded pdf of my form?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

This Tutorial on designing for a PDF form will give you the information you need: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2655

The key thing is adding your Page Breaks in "Page View" on the Design tab for the PDF form, there are two "Views" - Web View for the web form, and Page View for the PDF.  The form fields are the same in both, but features not supported in PDF are not enabled in Page View and automatic page breaks added for the PDF are shown in Page View where you can add explicit page breaks of your own to control the flow of pages for PDF.

Also check out "Form Setup" where you can adjust the width of the form and the page size for PDF.  You can't change the margins but you can make the form wider.

Thanks,

Josh