Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is LiveCycle the correct application?

Level 1

I am currently creating a form using LiveCycle ES2, which I intend to forward to various parites.  I need them to be able to simply open the form, enter data into the fields, save on their end, and then resubmit to me.  As I am getting further along in developing said form, I am starting to fear that LiveCyle is not the best application due to all that is involved.  Am I correct in understanding that the parties will be required to have specific software on their end in order to perform the desired functions?  Will the form only work with certain versions of Adobe Acrobat?

Thank you for any information and/or suggestions.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Well, each version of Adobe Reader are free, and the functions you mentioned above can be done with Livecycle,

but you will need Adobe Acrobat Pro to be able to Reader Extensions Enabled PDF to be able to save on Adobe Reader..

only with these requests you are good to go with Livecycle

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Well, each version of Adobe Reader are free, and the functions you mentioned above can be done with Livecycle,

but you will need Adobe Acrobat Pro to be able to Reader Extensions Enabled PDF to be able to save on Adobe Reader..

only with these requests you are good to go with Livecycle

Level 1

Thank you, Robert.  As you suggested, I used Acrobat Pro to save the form as a Reader Extended PDF with the Enable Additional Features option, and everything seems to have translated over so that those with only Reader can complete the form.

Take care.