1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 2:58 AM by Sumit_Garg

How to generate Crash dump or Memory Dump of InDesign CS6 Release

Nathan Durai

Hello,

I was wondering how I can generate a crash dump or memory dump of InDesign cs6 release version (windows). Especially my Indesign freezes at different point of time and I do not have any clue about why it just hangs to respond. I had to manually close the program by going to the Task Manager in Windows.

I tried to copy the PMRuntime file from the MemoryTRacker folder of SDK to Indesign install folder. But I did not work. I dont see any memory dump files.

Could you please tell me how can I generate a log or a crash dump file which will help me analyze why my Indesign freezes???

I appreciate your help to the forum!!!!

thanks

Nathan

• 1. Re: How to generate Crash dump or Memory Dump of InDesign CS6 Release
          Sumit_Garg Adobe Employee

Hi Nathan,

This might be helpful for your request.

For Windows, you can follow the following steps to generate the crash dump:

1) Start Task Manager. To do this, use one of the following methods:

• Right-click an empty area of the task bar, and then click Start Task Manager.

• Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.

2) Click the Processes tab.

3) Right-click the name of the process that you want, and then click Create Dump File.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

A dump file for the process is created in the following folder:

Drive: \Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp

4) When you receive a message that states that the dump file was successfully created, click OK.

Thanks

-Sumit