13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2014 8:21 AM by A.T. Romano

Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?

piggyju

Purchased Premiere elements 10 before (on-line) but need to install new computer. Where can I find the elements 10 download now

• 1. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
          nealeh Level 5

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-10-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l. Follow their very important instructions EXACTLY or you will likely encounter authorisation errors or download the latest version instead.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

piggyju

Since you purchased Premiere Elements 10 as download from Adobe, you can simply go to Adobe

http://www.adobe.com

sign in

go to Welcome...., and from that drop down, navigate to your Orders.

There should be an opportunity to download new installation files from there.

Have you tried that and does that work for you?

We will be watching for the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
              piggyju Level 1

Thanks, but I saw a lot of files named PremiereElement10_Content_XXXX

Should I download all of them? It's wired not being one install file.

• 4. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

piggyju

Are you in My Orders/Order History, have located your order number for the Premiere Elements 10 purchase, found a Download link next to it, and clicked on it?

There are two aspects to this...installation of the program and then afterward installation of the Content.

I am not sure if the file name that you gave is for "Content" rather than "program".

Please double check.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
                  piggyju Level 1

Mr. Romano,

Yes I am in the order history and it lists almost 20 files can be downloaded such as

PremiereElements_10_Content_SD2_LS15.exe

PremiereElements_10_Content_ALL_LS15.7z

PremiereElements_10_Content_SD1_LS15.exe

PremiereElements_10_Content_SD2_LS15.7z

PremiereElements_10_LS15_win32.7z

PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.exe

I have zero idea what they are and which one I need....  :-(

• 6. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

piggyju

Do you have Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit?

If so,

Please double click the PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.exe to get the program downloaded and installed.

Let me know what happens.

After that we will take care of the Content download and install which must follow the program installation.

As for Premiere Elements 10 Content, use the link mentioned in the link below

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/10/pe-7-8-910-content-download.html

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
                      nealeh Level 5

A.T. Romano wrote:

Please double click the PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.exe to get the program downloaded and installed.

Leaving aside the Additional Content, to get the program you will need TWO files downloaded.

If your Windows is 64-bit,

• PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.exe
                      • PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.7z

If your Windows is 32-bit,

• PremiereElements_10_LS15_win32.exe
                      • PremiereElements_10_LS15_win32.7z

Note that downloading the content files from Adobe's official page will use the Akamai file downloader. For direct download links, if you have a fast Internet connection, the links I gave in Reply #1 are direct links to the files.

There is no difference between the versions in your Adobe A/c and the versions on the prodesigntools web page. Your serial number will work with both.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 8. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

This is what the user has - the user wrote

So your suggestion is not viable without explanation - you wrote

If your Windows is 64-bit,

• PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.exe
                        • PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.7z

But it does agree with the names of File 1 and File 2 from the web site that you suggested for the download instead of a download from the user's Orders.

I suspect that the user will be prompted to download any necessary supplemental files when double clicking the .exe file that the user does have.

We will await the user's reply.

ATR

• 9. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
                          nealeh Level 5

A.T. Romano wrote:

nealeh

This is what the user has - the user wrote

So your suggestion is not viable without explanation - you wrote

The user noted that he had around twenty files available for download of which he listed six as examples. He will need either both 32-bit files or both 64-bit files depending on his Windows version.  Mixing the 32-bit .7z with the 64-bit .exe will not work, nor vice-versa. The matched pairs are a consistent feature of Adobe's download process not just for Elements but also for the majority of the CS6 suite (atlhough they are all 64-bit applications) .

Normally when the Download Manager is invoked then both parts of the pair will be automatically downloaded. This may not be the case where the links are to the specific files (e.g. it each must be downloaded separately in the above CS6 link), but I'm sure piggyju will post back if there are problems.

Cheers,
                          --
                          Neale

• 10. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

piggyju

While we await further details from you, just wanted to get some points of clarification

1. What was the computer operating system, old versus new? Are you going from 32 bit to 64 bit system or 32 bit system to 32 bit system or 64 bit to 64 bit?

2. In your Orders at Adobe, are you sure of what you have for the combination that you show as

3. I would agree that you are going to need two files to get the job done. According to all reports "....all parts in the same folder in order to extract Adobe Premiere Elements...."

But I am not sure that your Orders as described has the correct two files.

I would expect that, for 64 bit system, you would use

PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.7z

or

for 32 bit system

PremiereElements_10_LS15_win32.exe

Often the purchased download is specific to the computer system to which it was downloaded/purchased.

In view of what looked like a mismatch of 2 files, It was my plan to have you click the .win64.exe file that you have and then try to get it to direct us to the correct second file that you need.

You could turn away from your Orders at Adobe and use the installation files from the web site cited. But, before investing in any unnecessary download times, it might be a good idea to try to sort through the Order details with Adobe Chat.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=orders-refunds-and-exc hanges#

If you are interested in doing that, then click on the link above to open it. When the link opens, click on the statement "I still need help" to bring up Adobe Chat to discuss your Order under its topic of Orders, Refunds, and Exchanges.

Please let us know the outcome as well as confirming the details above.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....nealeh's post 9 was not seen until I managed to get this post posted. Forum Internal error forced me to repost.

• 11. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
                              piggyju Level 1

I download the PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.7z, decompress it, run the setup and it works now.

The PremiereElements_10_LS_win64.exe has not been used.

Thanks for the help!!

• 12. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
                                nealeh Level 5

Good news. All the .exe does is decompress the .7z file and run the setup.exe so you've not lost anything by decompressing manually.

Cheers,
                                --
                                Neale

• 13. Re: Need to install elements 10 to new computer, how can I find the elements 10 download now?
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

piggyju

We are very please with your results. Great news. Great job in sorting through the details of what worked for you. Glad that we could be of assistance.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification on anything written.

Best Wishes

ATR