5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2014 10:00 AM by Steve Grisetti

Complete Video Amateur seeks help!

Owegotex

I recently purchased Adobe Premier Elements 12 in an effort to make a DVD for my parents so that they could see their grandchildren's High School play. I recorded the event on a Panasonic HDC-TM90 (AVCHD) camcorder and transferred it to my Gateway desktop running Windows 8.  The show plays back perfectly in Media Player, ( and XBox???- not sure how that even got on there?)  but when I try to play it in Premiere I get perfect audio and (basically) still photos for the video.  Note- I'm not sure what the  (1080/60p) button does on the Camcorder, so I don't know which of those I recorded in, or if it matters. Can anyone advise me what to do? Understand, that (in case you couldn't tell) I'm a true amateur with this, so the plainer the language, the better... Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Complete Video Amateur seeks help!
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

The answers to several questions will give us a start on helping you.

1. First, what are the specs. of your Gateway, and especially the speed of the CPU (Central Processing Unit), installed RAM, number of HDD's (Hard Disk Drives), etc.?
          2. When you Import your AVCHD files, and drag them to the Timeline in Expert Mode, do you see a yellowish-orange line above the Clips?
          3. What Project Settings did you, or PrE assign? You can see that from Edit>Project Settings.
          4. You can download and install either of the great media info utilities, MediaInfo, or G-Spot. Just be careful, when installing them, that you do not accept any browser toolbars, etc.. Then, launch either, and drag one of your files to the screen. In MediaInfo, go to Tree View, to see the full details of one of those files - let us know exactly what the specs. of the file are.

That will get us started, and others will likely have a few more questions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Complete Video Amateur seeks help!
            Owegotex Level 1

Bill- thanks- I'll try and get all of that done this afternoon and let you know....

• 3. Re: Complete Video Amateur seeks help!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Owegotex

Please run through the following and let us know if you get better results when you go to look at your video once you import it into Premiere Elements 12 on your Windows 8 (assumed 64 bit) computer.

1. Open Premiere Elements 12 to the Expert workspace.

2. Go to File Menu/New/Project

ChangeSettings.JPG

and click on the Change Settings button.

3. In the Change Settings dialog that opens, set for

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p60

AVCHDp60.JPG

When finished with the 1080p60 setting, click OK to the Change Settings dialog.

4. Next you will see the new project dialog

Force.JPG

Make sure that you have a check mark next to "Force selected Project Setting on this project", save to the default location as shown,

and then click OK.

5. Back in the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, import your 1080p60 video file from its hard drive save location, using Premiere Elements 12's

Add Media/Files and Folder/. The file will arrive in Project Assets from where you drag it to the Timeline.

6. When the video get to Video Track 1, does it have an orange line over its content?

OrangeLine.JPG

a. If yes, then press the Enter key of the computer main keyboard or the Render button above the Timeline. The orange line will turn green.

What does the playback of the video now look like in the Edit area monitor?

b. If no, just hit the play button of the Edit area monitor. What does the playback of the video now look like in the Edit area monitor?

Please let us know the outcome.

Depending on your results, we might need further information on your video as well as your overall project.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Complete Video Amateur seeks help!
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help

• 5. Re: Complete Video Amateur seeks help!
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

And, of course, my free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=30