3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 5:56 PM by Lucia Lao

Editing a form without updating responses

c0ffeec0ding

Afternoon

Is it possible to edit an Adobe Form without responses collected via that form being updated?

If it is not, I put it forward as a suggestion that users are given the option in settings to either:

1. Have responses collected via a form updated when the form's design is amended, after a warning message has been displayed to the user making the change informing them of the impact
      2. Do not have responses updated when the form's design is amended

This could be on a global basis (to take effect on all forms - as an override) or per form basis

Cheers

• 1. Re: Editing a form without updating responses
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

If the form filler has started filling out the form and you modified it, the form filler will not know that you have updated the form unless the form filler refreshes the FormsCentral web form.  And if he/she already filled out and submitted the responses, then you will have to notify or ask him/her to fill out the updated-form again.

If this does not answer your question, please provide me with an example of your workflow so that I get a clearer understanding on what you would like to achieve.

And thank you for your suggestions.

You can use this form to "vote" on popular feature requests, or to add a new one of your own:

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=XnF-KJVCovcEVQz9tZHYPQ

Lucia

• 2. Re: Editing a form without updating responses
            c0ffeec0ding Level 1

Hi Lucia

What's the form filler? I presume you mean the actual form which accepts data input?

An example issue:

I have a form which asks the person completing it to select a date and venue to attend an event. Every year the venues and dates change; so, I update the form, via the designer, to the new dates. However, doing this, all existing responses are amended to the new respective date and venue. I would prefer this not to happen, as it can cause confusion when making contact with those who have already attended the event.

I know I am able to copy the form, but I would like to know if there is a way of preveting existing responses from beign updated when the form is changed - suggestions as per my original question. Also, if the dates and venues change frequently (say each week) then I don't want to keep copying the form before amending available dates and venues for event registration.

Thank you

• 3. Re: Editing a form without updating responses
              Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

>>What's the form filler? I presume you mean the actual form which accepts data input?

The person filling out the form.

Thank you for providing an example, FormsCentral does not support this. You can also export the responses to PDF, excel, or csv format (select View Responses tab File menu / Export Responses menu item..  Yes, this will ba a manual process that you will have to do before you start with the new date-location-event registration again.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Lucia