3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2014 2:55 PM by MatLac

Using signature field properties

MatLac Level 1

I'm trying to script some parameters for checking the status of required fields before signing a document.  I'm fine with the validation part but I need help on understanding the signature field properties.

I'm thinking about the focus event for triggering the validation but I don't want it to trigger if the user is trying to remove his signature.  so I need to check if the field is UNsigned

Reading through the SDK, I think the status property of the SignatureInfo object is what I'm looking for.  I need help to understand how it works and maybe a simple example like:

if (signatureInfo.status == 0){

function validate;

}

• 1. Re: Using signature field properties
          MatLac Level 1

var sign = this.getField("OPE003.SIGN");
          var status = sign.signatureInfo().status;

if (status == "0"){
          //do stuff

}

posted to early

• 2. Re: Using signature field properties
            George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Where do you want to place the script, exactly? You should be able to just check the value property of the signature field.

• 3. Re: Using signature field properties
              MatLac Level 1

Since the signature field doesn't have a calculate event, I placed the script in the calculate event of an invisible text field nearby.

Instead of using the status property of the signatureInfo() object, I stuck with the basics:

if (this.getField("signaturefield").value == this.getField("signaturefield").defaultValue){

//do stuff;

}

To adress the problem that I had, I created a button to trigger the validation script, and upon a successful validation, that button is hidden and replaced with the signature field.

the calculate script that I have looks for the value of the signature field, if it is defaultValue(empty), it hides the signature field and brings back the button.