9 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2015 6:24 AM by mohammads10581813 RSS

Flash CC unable to install app on ios 7.1 simulator update

DavidDragon Community Member

I updated my iOS SDK and iPhone simulator with 7.1 and now Flash CC says it is unable to install the app. I changed the SDK path to 7.1 and the simulator works, have reset the simulator, have restarted my Mac, and run Xcode. I took the version of my app I had in 7.0.3 folder and put it in the 7.1 and it worked, but Flash won't install new versions to 7.1. Any suggestions? Will I have to wait for an AIR 4 update?

• 1. Re: Flash CC unable to install app on ios 7.1 simulator update
          DavidDragon Community Member

Ive still not found any kind of work around.

ADT goes through the publishing process, but once it finishes it gives a popup warning:
          Adobe Flash Professional

Unable to install the application on iOS Simulator

I also tried runing ADT from the Terminal and it gave me this error:

Library not loaded: @rpath/iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient.framework/Versions/A/iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient

Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Flash CC/AIR4.0/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb

Reason: image not found

/var/folders/s6/<temp file>.tmp: line 1: 2812 Trace/BPT trap: 5 <isb> -install -apppath "<temp file>.app" -sdkpath "<iPhoneSimulator7.1.sdk>"

[Note: <temp file>.app doesn't exist when I check the directory]

Again, it had just been working fine for iOS simulator 7.0.3 with AIR 4.0.0.1628 and then I updated to iOS 7.1 and this happened. The only variables that changed was updating Xcode and iOS SDK. Are there new requirements? Is there an AIR SDK update coming for iOS 7.1?

Has anyone else had problems using AIR SDK 4.0.0.1628 publishing on the iOS 7.1 simulator? Hopefully I am not the only one.

• 2. Re: Flash CC unable to install app on ios 7.1 simulator update
            jmichas Community Member

Yes, my guess is everyone is having the same problem.

The iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient.framework does not exist in SDK 7.1 and simply adding it does not work, apple has changed the process for installing apps to the simulator I guess.

The only work around (and I guess its not a work around since there is no way to debug with SDK 7.1) is to remove Xcode 5.1 and install a previous verison of 5.0.x that includes SDK 7.0.x. Then at least you can continue developing and debugging on the simulator.

I poked around and looked for the source code for the isb that is referenced in the error but can't find if its available anyway. I did find the source for the other cctools code that adobe changed. If you poke around the SDK lib/aot/ there are readme files that tell you where to find the source, but isb doesnt seem to be included.

Hopefully they get a fix out soon so we can use the latest iOS SDK.

-Jason

• 4. Re: Flash CC unable to install app on ios 7.1 simulator update
              Flachakir

i have the same problem , i m using the latest version Mac OS , and Xcode within Flash CC , because recently Apple request to use the last Xcode version to build the app for Apple Store it will not be accepted , so i find my self force to use Xcode 6 , which had a lot of Changes , and i could not even launch the IOs simulator , because they are not using anymore the 'gcc' the architecture completely different , but i have used the older one so i could launch the IOS Simulator But I got the same error "Unable to install the application on IOs Simulator"  , i think that only Adobe team have the solution in the next SDK to enable us using the IOS simulator ....

• 5. Re: Flash CC unable to install app on ios 7.1 simulator update
                Mohanaraj Adobe Employee

Hi,

This is an AIR SDK issue and AIR team is looking into it.

Thanks!

Mohan

• 6. Re: Flash CC unable to install app on ios 7.1 simulator update
                  Flachakir Community Member

I would just to tell you  that i've used the ADT command line (AIR 15 ) to package install and launch the app on IOs simulator and it is working perfectly , i face one problem which is selecting a specific Device on the simulator , but i fixed this use AIR_IOS_SIMULATOR_DEVICE env variable and relaunching the Terminal , and finally it worked as I wanted

• 7. Re: Flash CC unable to install app on ios 7.1 simulator update
                    Jitender thakur Adobe Employee

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Issue is not reproducible at our end. We used the ADT command line to package, install and launch the app on iOS simulator. Below are the details:

MacOS:  10.9.5

Xcode Version: 5.1.1

Adobe AIR 15

iPhoneSimulator7.1.sdk

Is this issue specific to some particular Mac OS? Please share some more details so that we can reproduce the issue at our end as well.

• 8. Re: Flash CC unable to install app on ios 7.1 simulator update
                      blogtom Community Member

Is this error fixed yet? I'm still getting the error: "Unable to install the application on iOS Simulator".

I'm using Flash CC 2014 on a Mac with Yosemite and Air 15.

• 9. Re: Flash CC unable to install app on ios 7.1 simulator update
                        mohammads10581813 Community Member

Hi,

I want to update the air sdk of one of our applciation. Our old application was usign air sdk 3.2. I downlaod the Flash CC 2014 and air sdk 17.

After building the application i publish on simulator and it was working fine but on device it is showing black screen throughout. App didn't crashed.

Thanks in advance for any clue.