• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't resolve broken links

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me. I am working in RH 9 and i have received the following error when i select to resolve my broken links. "You cannot resore a topic that would be outside the project folder. Please make sure feferences are to the project folder then try restoring the topics." Can anyone assist with this error? I have checked my folders and the source and line files are in the correct folders. Thank you in advance.

Capture.GIF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the source topic showing in Project Manager or just Windows Explorer? If only the latter, you need to reimport it into the project first.

You also refer to "line files". What are they?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oops - just saw your response...yeah, what he said...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say that you checked, what do you mean? If you mean that you see them when viewing the folders in Windows Explorer - it could mean for some reason that RoboHelp "lost" the connection with in the project itself. I have seen this happen in the past - no idea why - and what I've done to correct it was simply to "re-import" the files -even though they exist in the folder.

DId you move the files within the project?

In any case, try File > Import and select the HTML files and see if this "fixes" the broken links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp