8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 1:38 PM by kmiy69

Probleme with AE/Element 3D Shattered Glass - Mirror Logo Text Reveal

kmiy69

Hi,

Hope you will understand me, i'm french so it's a little bit complicated to speak in english.

My problem is not very hard i think, but i don't find any answer and i'm a beginner in AE & Elements 3D.

I paid 3D Shattered Glass - Mirror Logo Text Reveal and i substitute the logo instead of my logo.

In the original video as you can see, there is not a glass behind the logo. and when i subsitute with my new logo, there is a glass...

I just want to do like the video, have my logo wich set up my logo in the form of glass , not my logo inside a glass...

Hope you understand me and have an answer.

Sincerly

• 1. Re: Probleme with AE/Element 3D Shattered Glass - Mirror Logo Text Reveal
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I do not see an example of what you are talking about. Do you have a link to the template you are trying to use or some screenshots?

If you are new to After Effects, you should start here.

• 2. Re: Probleme with AE/Element 3D Shattered Glass - Mirror Logo Text Reveal
            kmiy69 Level 1

I'm sorry, i forgot the link of the template.

The template downloaded is : http://videohive.net/item/shattered-glass-mirror-logo-text-reveal/6800405?WT.ac=solid_sear ch_thumb&WT.seg_1=solid_search_thumb&WT.z_author=iconoclast

glass and logo.jpg

As we can see, the glass is between the logo. But the logo don't come like the vidéo of the templates...

Hope you understand ...

• 3. Re: Probleme with AE/Element 3D Shattered Glass - Mirror Logo Text Reveal
              Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Most templates like these include a Precomposition where you put your replacement logo.  It would typically be labeled "Logo Precomp" or something like that.

Your screengrab looks very white, compared to the demo video of the template.  I suspect you are putting a logo on a white background into the project.  The template is designed to use a clean logo with no background. 

Do you have a copy of the logo without any background?  Can you make one in Photoshop or Illustrator?

Can you post a screengrab of the timeline so we are better able to visualise how the template works?

• 4. Re: Probleme with AE/Element 3D Shattered Glass - Mirror Logo Text Reveal
                kmiy69 Level 1

Thanks for your answer. 2 things :

Here you can find a copy of the scenario.

2nd thing, i have the logo in .psd and .png without any background.

That's why i don't understand.

If someone can help me

scenario.jpg

• 5. Re: Probleme with AE/Element 3D Shattered Glass - Mirror Logo Text Reveal
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please don't scale your screenshot. Try again and maybe there is something we can do to help.

Please select your logo in the Project panel so we can see the image details.

Here's where I would start. Open the template. Open all folders inside the project panel until you find the original logo that came with the project. Right click on that logo and find it in your folder. Open the original logo and check the size and format. Go back to the After Effects Project Panel and right click on the original logo again and select replace footage. Browse to your original logo. All Done....

• 6. Re: Probleme with AE/Element 3D Shattered Glass - Mirror Logo Text Reveal
                    kmiy69 Level 1

Thanks to you for the answer.

I have scaled my screenshot because there is a size to respect for put it here.

I do what you said to me, open the logo in the folder, and do the same for mine logo.

But there is the same result, i don't know why... I don't know where i can see a solution. I have this template at the beginning. I have done that to modify the logo :

- Open project first

- then go inside of "logo here" com. Remove envato logo and drop your logo or text here.

- Your logo must have an alpha channel for proper work of project. place your logo proportional to center of comp

- After placing logo go inside of "packshot" com. select the layer named "auto traced logo heere" and remove this layer

- select layer comp named 'logo here' and go to the upper menu ''layer/auto trace..". the hit ok. This will create a new auto traced layer

- Select layer named element and bring custom layers/custom text masks. from path layer 1's drop down menu select your newly created "auto traced logo here" layer.

- after these processes please go to the any frame in 8th, 9th second, select layer named "logo overlay" and adjust scale and position of layer to fit front surface of 3D extruded element logo (this stape i've don't understand)

Thanks for helping me..

Rick Gerard wrote:

Please don't scale your screenshot. Try again and maybe there is something we can do to help.

Please select your logo in the Project panel so we can see the image details.

Here's where I would start. Open the template. Open all folders inside the project panel until you find the original logo that came with the project. Right click on that logo and find it in your folder. Open the original logo and check the size and format. Go back to the After Effects Project Panel and right click on the original logo again and select replace footage. Browse to your original logo. All Done....

• 7. Re: Probleme with AE/Element 3D Shattered Glass - Mirror Logo Text Reveal
                      Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

As long as your screen grabs are less than 4MB flesize there is no reason to rescale them.

Can you post a copy of your logo file, or a screengrab of the logo file open in Photoshop?

It's clear from your screengrabs that Element 3D is not building the correct geometry of your logo for some reason.  It's just shattering a big rectangular plane.  The problem is almost certainly occurring with either the lack of appropriate alpha channel in your logo, the way you are Autotracing your logo, or the way you are applying the resulting masks to Element 3D.

To be honest, it seems you have bitten off more than you can chew with this template project.  You can speak directly to the author of the template at Videohive, who may be able to give you more specific help, but my gut feeling is you'd be better off starting with some of the After Effects Getting Started tools.

• 8. Re: Probleme with AE/Element 3D Shattered Glass - Mirror Logo Text Reveal
                        kmiy69 Level 1

Thanks for the answer andrew

to be honest with you, i sent an email to the creator of this after effect template but nobody answered.

I spent all the day trying to find a solution with your answers, forums and so many more, but nothing to do.

It's very important for me to do this work and i'm a beginner.

Is that possible to have someone to do it for me? Of course, i will give your the original template and the png logo attached to an email?

thanks a lot.