2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2007 7:51 PM by bitwyse

DataGrid + save data

HyderAlamgir Level 1
      hi

I have an editable dataGrid that displays data from a webService which is retrieving the data from a database!
      I want to be able to edit the data in the dataGrid within my Flex application and then select a "save" button that sends the data back to the webService in e.g. an object format!

how can I save all the data within a dataGrid in such a format and pass it back like this?

any suggestions?

NOTE: This question was posted by ljonny18 in Flex Builder 2 forum but wasn't answered coz it was supposed to be here. I could not find a repost here so I'm reposting it. I have the same problem now! Thanks!
      Link to previews thread: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=60&catid=582&threadid =1201926&highlight_key=y&keyword1=datagrid
        • 1. Re: DataGrid + save data
          ntsiii Level 3
          If you are getting via webservice, the data is probably XML. Leave it that way in flex. When done editing, the changes should be in the xml. Send that xml back to the server.

Tracy
          • 2. Re: DataGrid + save data
            bitwyse Level 1
            In your web service you should have an update method available that takes the xml object as it's parameter. I believe you can setup a function to be called on the itemEditEnd event of your editor, where you would call your web service update method.

Note, I am new to flex but I am working on a project now doing the exact same thing and so far this is working for me. :-)

Hope that helps.