That is one of the problems you will encounter with an IDML (not INDL, which is a library file) workflow.
That is why it is never a good idea to go back and forward between different workers on the file. Either functions are not supported in the older version or due to some errors in the conversion process odd things happen. Your problem will also happen inside the same version in an IDML workflow, this is a known bug.
The only way to avoid this problem is:
- All coworkers have to work on the same version.
- Attach a PDF with the latest saved version so you can always compare if a change has happened.
So you have 2 possiblities, either you upgrade to the very same version as your coworker has or you requiere that he is downgrading and checking his file he is supplying you. If someone offers a file in an older version so he should export an IDML but open it in the very same version as the other part has and do all changes there himself. Otherwise he will never know what he is giving away.
Of course, IDML, sorry! Thank you for your reply. We've been using IDML
files to allow us to share work on files between different versions of
InDesign, but I see that it was perhaps not meant to work this way. In any
case, this re-assertion of master pages is a disaster for our office (and
who knows what other problems are lurking that we haven't yet found), so
we'll be finding a different way to work until we can upgrade all our seats.
On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 2:27 AM, Willi Adelberger
There are several Problems, but not all are occuring everytime:
- Reappearing of deleted items from a master page or a dependend master page
- Switch from Paragraph Styles from align to base line grid and verso
- Reflecting text insets in the text frame, left inset becomes right, right becomes left
- Switching from one language to another in Paragraph Styles
- Change of the keep options
- Reflow of text (mostly when it was wrong before, so here it becomes better, but changes)