1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 15, 2014 8:36 AM by A.T. Romano

play button doesn't work!!

Ron Tso

I've downloaded the Premiere Elements 12 trial version to try, but the play button just doesn't work - neither of my imported clips, no matter whether it's mov or mp4, they just can't play! I'm using iMac OSX Mavericks.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalled again, but still the play button doesn't respond at all! is this a limited feature for the trial version?  if it doesn't work, I wouldn't buy the full version! help!

Ron

• 1. Re: play button doesn't work!!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ron Tso

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your Maverick computer?

What are the properties of your imported clips (.mov and .mp4)?

When you import them into the project, assumed with Add Media/Files and Folders/, get them to Project Assets, and then drag them to the Expert workspace Timeline, is there an orange line over their content? If so, what happens after you press the Enter key of the computer main keyboard or the Render button above the Timeline? Does the orange line turn green after the rendering completes? Does the playback of the Timeline content in the Edit area monitor play back automatically?

What happens if you put a bunch of jpeg photos on the Expert workspace Timeline and hit the play button of the Edit area monitor....go or no go for the playback?

If the play button under the Edit area monitor does not respond, can you start playback by pressing the spacebar of the computer main keyboard?

Please review and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR