0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2014 2:14 PM by einsteinbqat

Updating drop down menu depending on another drop down menu

einsteinbqat

Hi!

I'm making this questionnaire, and it has 10 questions (q01 to q10).

Each question has 4 sub-questions with an associated drop-down menu (q01L1 to q01L4, q02L1 to q02L4, etc.).

The values available to select from the drop-down menu are: 1, 2, 3, and 4.

For each sub-question, the user has to select a value (1, 2, 3, or 4), and that value can only be selected once for each question as a whole.

I suppose that JavaScript will be able to remove, update, or rebuild the other drop-down menus according to the answer given to each sub-question. How can it be achieved? I have no idea how to make that happen. Could you help?

Thanks.

For example :

This is what the user actually see BEFORE filling the question :

Question 1 : When disagreeing on points of view, I get influenced by

[Drop-down menu 1] : The tone/volume of voice of the person with whom I speak.

[Drop-down menu 2] : My capability or incapability to understand the point of view of the person with whom I speak.

[Drop-down menu 3] : The logic and the rationale on which the person with whom I speak bases his/her opinion.

[Drop-down menu 4] : Whether or not the person with whom I speak is sensible to what I may feel.

The following is for you to visualise the way I named the fields in the PDF questionnaire :

q01 : When disagreeing on points of view, I get influenced by

q01L1 {1,2,3,4} : The tone/volume of voice of the person with whom I speak.

q01L2 {1,2,3,4} : My capability or incapability to understand the point of view of the person with whom I speak.

q01L3 {1,2,3,4} : The logic and the rationale on which the person with whom I speak bases his/her opinion.

q01L3 {1,2,3,4} : Whether or not the person with whom I speak is sensible to what I may feel.

q01 = the name I gave to the question 1

L1 = the name I gave to the sub-question 1

q01L1 = the name I gave to the drop-drop menu of the sub-question 1 of the question 1

{1,2,3,4} = the answers the user can select from the menu.

The user can answer :

4 : The tone/volume of voice of the person with whom I speak.

2 : My capability or incapability to understand the point of view of the person with whom I speak.

1 : The logic and the rationale on which the person with whom I speak bases his/her opinion.

3 : Whether or not the person with whom I speak is sensible to what I may feel

But cannot answer :

2 : My capability or incapability to understand the point of view of the person with whom I speak.

1 : The logic and the rationale on which the person with whom I speak bases his/her opinion.

4 : Whether or not the person with whom I speak is sensible to what I may feel

This is where the JavaScript comes into play. What can be done to remove, update, or rebuild the other drop-down menus according to the answer given to each sub-question?

If the user answers 4 to q01L1, the 3 other drop-down menus should look like this

q01L2 {1,2,3} : My capability or incapability to understand the point of view of the person with whom I speak.

q01L3 {1,2,3} : The logic and the rationale on which the person with whom I speak bases his/her opinion.

q01L3 {1,2,3} : Whether or not the person with whom I speak is sensible to what I may feel.

And then, if the user answers 2 to q01L2, the 2 last drop-down menus should look like this

q01L3 {1,3} : The logic and the rationale on which the person with whom I speak bases his/her opinion.

q01L3 {1,3} : Whether or not the person with whom I speak is sensible to what I may feel.

And so on.

Message was edited by: einsteinbqat