7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2014 8:09 PM by the_wine_snob

[Mac] Could not complete your request because of a program error.

Olga Chu

Hello, I've got the problem with opening the file. It was saved in Photoshop CS 6, everything was ok, but after opening the file in few seconds here the message "Could not complete your request because of a program error." What should I do?? It was making all day long!

[Title Edited to reflect OS for clarity - Hunt]

• 1. Re: Could not complete your request because of a program error.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Olga Chu,

Welcome to the forum.

I hate it, when that happens!

Now, let's take a closer look at what you have, and what you are doing, when you get that message:

1. What version of Photoshop?
          2. Is that version running the latest updates?
          3. What OS version are you running it on?
          4. What are the specs. of your computer?
          5. What are the specs. of the Image?
          6. What exactly are you doing, when you get that error message?

That would be a good start, and someone will likely have some suggestions for you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Could not complete your request because of a program error.
            Olga Chu Level 1

well, by list:

1. Photoshop CS 6 , Version 13.0.6. x64 Extended
            2. I guess, it runs automatically
            3. Mac OS X 10.9.2
            4. CPU 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5, 16Gb RAM
            5. conventional .psd image, was made in that version of Photoshop
            6. I saved the image, closed it, and opened it  in few seconds with error

Thank you, Bill Hunt. But I guess I won't sleep today, because I have to remake it in layers. THANK YOU, ADOBE.

• 3. Re: Could not complete your request because of a program error.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Olga Chu,

Thank you for that information.

Yours is not a common error, though I have read of it before. In about 2 decades of using Ps (for most daily), I have never encountered it. However, there are some great folk here, who have seen about everything, and will probably have some solutions - though there might be a few additional questions. You have given them something to work with, so all is not lost yet.

There is likely something specific to your installation (maybe something as simple as a Permissions issue?), or to your system. Since I am a PC-only person, I will not muck about trying to guess what might translate from my PC's to your Mac. Since the Ps Forums were combined, we have a bunch of Mac experts, who are also experts in Ps. Give them a bit of time, to see your post. I am also going to Edit your title, to reflect the OS, and that should trigger those Mac-users to rush in to help.

Unless you have a deadline, give them a bit of time, to sort this issue out - I hate to have to redo my Images, if not totally necessary.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Could not complete your request because of a program error.
                Olga Chu Level 1

Bill, thank you very much again

I've got a deadline, but anyway we need to find a solution, because it could happen again

• 5. Re: Could not complete your request because of a program error.
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Olga Chu,

I agree completely.

The Ps Mac-users are very, very good, and usually quick. Hope that we can save you a redo (actually, hope that THEY can save that).

Good luck, and I will try to follow this thread, as I will likely learn something about Mac's, and Ps on the Mac. [Hope that does not affect my M$ PC status... ]

Hunt

• 6. Re: Could not complete your request because of a program error.
                    Olga Chu Level 1

Hello, it's me again.

I think I found a reason of that error. That was because of custom-made vector shapes and rounded rectangle shape. I redid this project and saved a copy of it in another place, and it didn't open again. Then I rasterized all shapes, which I made after last opening, and magic! It opened again and again, from root, from flashdrive, it was opening every time I did it.

So, the solution of that error is still needed, because some people want to save shapes in layers, not rastr.

Thank you.

• 7. Re: Could not complete your request because of a program error.
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, the first part is kudos to you, for doing the necessary troubleshooting involved for your Image! That is good news.

As for the "why," I must bow to the Mac-users, to help there.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt