4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2014 10:13 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 12 log in problem

werock49

I am trying to leg in to Premiere Elements 12 for the 1st time.  It will not recognize that I am connected to the internet which i clearly am.  Dont know what to do next

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 12 log in problem
          mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

After installing the package, did you reboot the system?  Windows system

inevitably requires to be rebooted so that anything in the computer's

memory is cleared and all the necessary drivers are loaded for any

applications to run smoothly.

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 12 log in problem
            nealeh Level 5

Temporarily disable your anti-virus and firewall to see if that lets the activation complete. You might also try temporarily renaming C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to something else. If validation then works, you can rename hosts back, and turn back on your firewall and anti-virus.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 12 log in problem
              Barbara B. Level 7

Moving this to the Premiere Elements forum

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 12 log in problem
                A.T. Romano Level 7

werock49

I have never heard of renaming the hosts file in a situation related to Premiere Elements 12 sign in problems.

Rather what is done is "resetting the host file" which is not the same as renaming it. In fact, you delete certain entries in it if they have been added to the default hosts file.

Please refer to the following Adobe document.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Although the document does not mention Premiere Elements, it is often referred to by Adobe for Premiere Elements as well as other Adobe products in matters such as this..

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? I will assume Window 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit for now.

The default host file looks like

host.JPG

Do you see anything listed under the last line #  ::1   localhost in the default host file in the screenshot?

You get to the host file via

Local Disk C

Windows

System32

Drivers

etc

and in the etc Folder is the hosts file that you right click, select Open, select Notepad to bring up the hosts file Notepad document.

If you need to edit that hosts file, make a backup of it first.

Also, depending on how things go, you might want to check out my Premiere Elements sign in problem that I reported in my blog post

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/12/pe12-adobe-idpassword-requirement-for.html

We will be looking forward to your progress.

Thank you.

ATR