• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how i implement sending a mail on local system also i want to see these mail as a receiver

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2006 Jun 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plz any one tell me ,
how can i implement sending a mail on local system also i want to see these mail as a receiver.

any suggestion appreciated.

Regards
Prashant
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Mail settings in CF Amdinistrator to designate an SMTP server that will actually do the e-mailing, then the a .cfm page with the <cfmail> command and a CC="yourself@yourself.com" as one of the many available parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi JMGibson3,
is i give the 127.0.0.1 ip for local server and what i specify in the cc="prashantgenial@localhost.com"
how i set then this prashantgenial@localhost.com

Plz give some more detail on this topic .
Regards
Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2006 Jun 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Do some research on setting up an SMTP Mail Server. You need one running somewhere on your box or on your network. Your box would be 127.0.0.1 your network would be 10.x.x.xxx as given to you by your network gurus. You may run into firewall issues also. Port is typically 25. The SMTP server (the one that comes with IIS does) often has settings to prohibit relays from external sources (CF would be considered external). When I first got into this, I didn't understand the concepts and tried to get my own IIS supplied SMTP server up and running. It never worked (even efter permitting relays), most likely due to the Corporate Network and security properties and Firewalls etc. When I finally figured all this out , I was able to ask the Network Guru's, "Do we have an SMTP server I can access?". Turns out they had something built into or bolted onto MS Outlook Exchange Server, they gave me the IP, and presto, everything worked as advertised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation