4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2014 7:46 AM by A.T. Romano

Question audio

mrtilleypops01 Level 1

Question  How can I adjust the volume in the time line but not the whole of that clip ie  short parts

• 1. Re: Question audio
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mrilleypops01

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running.

Without that information, I will generalize.

Manually

You will be keyframing the Volume property of the clip in order to change the volume across the clip rather

than apply a volume set to the whole clip.

Automatically

You will be using the Audio Mixer to set keyframes automatically as you run the Timeline content with the Audio Mixer

open and you adjust the sliders of Audio 1, Audio 2, Audio 3,...., Narration, or Soundtrack.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS6C96BC86-7342-44a4-8D3F-936C1D66DE0B. html

More later.

ATR

Add On...there is still another way at the Timeline level related to placement of manual keyframes and the clip's

rubberband, but we will leave that for next time when we have more details of your setup.

• 2. Re: Question audio
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mrtilleypops01

Please continue in this thread since your duplicate thread will probably be deleted by a moderator later in the day.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1429228?tstart=0

But, from the other thread, we learn that you are using Premiere Elements 9. Please be working with the 9.0.1 Update of

version 9.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

I am suggesting that you try the Audio Mixer in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 to change the volume level across the

duration of the audio clip. The Audio Mixer can be accessed by clicking on the Audio Tools (speaker icon) above the Timeline

to obtain the drop down list with the Audio Mixer choice.

The opened to Audo Mixer looks like

AudioMixer.JPG

You run your Timeline content by pressing the Edit area monitor play button or by pressing the computer keyboard spacebar.

And, as you run the Timeline, you make your volume adjustments across the Timeline by moving Audio Mixer slider for the

audio track where the audio clip is located on the Timeline.

Please excuse if I went into too much detail. I did not know how much you had worked in this area and did not want to take

anything for granted. There are more details but the above is just the basics for now.

Please let us know if you are OK with the information or need supplemental details or clarifications.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Question audio
              mrtilleypops01 Level 1

Worked well many thanks, A few years ago I used premier pro, seemed to have

forgotten a lot, old age maybe, thanks again David

• 4. Re: Question audio
                A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Thanks for the good news that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements project.

Premiere Elements will have its own set of features for achieving your goal. Some will be similar

to other programs, some will not. But, remember, never hesitate to ask questions when need

how to clarification.

Best wishes

ATR