7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 1:41 PM by A.T. Romano

how do you reach a real live person

LeighMedved

no 800 numbers to be found

• 1. Re: how do you reach a real live person
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

or

Select a topic, then click I STILL NEED HELP to start Premiere Elements chat

-http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements

• 2. Re: how do you reach a real live person
            A.T. Romano Level 7

LeighMedved

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

We are not Adobe. We are Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflows.

You can contact Adobe via its online Adobe Chat but you will need to offer details starting with name of product in use, etc. Typically Adobe does not go the 800- or email routes for troubleshooting purchased/registered/current version.

If you care to give us a chance, perhaps we can assist you in resolving whatever issue you are having with your Premiere Elements workflow, if your product is Premiere Elements.

Please let us know if we can be of troubleshooting assistance.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: how do you reach a real live person
              LeighMedved Level 1

I have A HP computer with windows 8.  My main issue is that my video clips do not play corretly in the editing window or on the time line until I publish the movie. After I save and publish to my computer it will play, however I can not edit it correctly.

I am using the defualt setting for the video format that it selcets when I connect my camera. I think it is AVCHD?

ANy help you can provide would be great. I am not very techy but tryign to learn.

• 4. Re: how do you reach a real live person
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page?

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 9 with the 9.0.1 update).
                •What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
                •Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
                •What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.
                •If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
                •What were you doing when the problem occurred?
                •What other software are you running?
                •Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?
                •Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?
                And some other questions...
                •What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?
                •Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)
                What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?
                Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?
                For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information
                -you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself
                ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
                nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 5. Re: how do you reach a real live person
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

LeighMedved

Thanks for the opportunity to try to help you resolve your Premiere Elements issue.

Although you mentioned that your Premiere Elements is running on Windows 8 (assumed 64 bit), we do need to know what version of Premiere Elements you are using so that we can customize our responses to what you have.

For now I will assume that you are using Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8 64 bit.

Next, we need information about your video so that we can set up the project so that is can be edited well in the Edit area. I could direct you to properties readout programs, but I hoping that we can get the information that we need by know the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded this video which you believe to have AVCHD video compression. From the brand/model/settings of the camera, I will look for

video compression

audio compression

frame size

frame rate

interlaced or progressive

file extension

pixel aspect ratio

Once we have that information, then we will set the project preset (project settings) for the project manually (not letting the program do that for us automatically).

Once we have your video on the Timeline with the best possible project settings, we determine what we have and its stability.

We can back up to the usual drill after this first pass at the issue

a. Administrative User Account - Run As Administrator

b. Latest version of QuickTime installed

c. Video card/graphics card up to date

d. Computer resources.

I selected the initial approach based on the description of your project issues. They have all the ring of a preview/display issue since you are happy with the export. If a display issue, then the video card/graphics card driver would be a logical target for troubleshooting. We could also look at Timeline rendered and not rendered content. But, I want to make sure the project is set up correctly before we get into that.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: how do you reach a real live person
                    LeighMedved Level 1

ok first thanks so much for helping me.

I have a HP Envy Touchsmart m7 Sleekbook. Just got in 2014 specifically for running my Adobe premier elements 12 program.

my camera is a canon HF R100 a kit (vixia)

I know I do not have the latest version of Quick time player. ( I will update)

the sales man told me my graphic card was very good . As you can see I am not as techy as I would like to be.

In the meantime I am also going to commit to watching the video training DVD I have had for several weeks.

thanks so much ,

Leigh

• 7. Re: how do you reach a real live person
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Leigh

Thanks for the information that we can use to set up your Premiere Elements 12 Windows 8 64 bit project.

There are a few missing details, but let me review what I think I have according to your Canon HF R100 specs.

What we know...

Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8 64 bit

Video from Canon HF R100

AVCHD (MPEG4 AVC/H.264) video compression

Dolby Digital 2 channel (Stereo) for the audio

What we need to know

1920 x 1080 or 1440 x 1080

To find this out, tell us what mode the camera is set for

FXP (1920 x 1080)

or

XP+, SP, or LP (1440 x 1080)

2. What is the frame rate

"60i" (this choice means 60 fields per second otherwise known as 29.97/30 interlaced frames per second

24p

30p

Example...

If you have your camera set up to record FXP "60i", then we will set the project preset manually to start with

(later when we can trust the program to do this automatically for your particular video, then we can let the program do this

for us automatically.

Open Premiere Elements 12 to Expert workspace

Go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings

In the Change Settings dialog, set the project preset = NTSC/AVCHD/Full HD1080i30.

Before you leave that area, in the last dialog (new project dialog) that you see, make sure

that there is a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project".

Back in the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, use Add Media/Files and Folders to get your

video into Project Assets. From Project Assets drag your file from there to the Timeline.

a. Is there an orange line over the Timeline video content? There should not be if we have the correct

project preset. Assuming no colored line over the Timeline video content, press the play button of the

Edit area monitor and let us know what that looks like.

More later.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

Add On...please confirm and correct my assumption as to what you are recording with your camera and which

is to be edited in Premiere Elements 12 Windows 8 64 bit.

Add On...please get that QuickTime latest version installed. Important. Also, please update Premiere Elements 12

to 12.1 (see Expert workspace Help Menu/Updates.)