2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2014 2:49 PM by mykw123

How do I get page numbers show after background/ images filled the pages?

mykw123

Hi,

Can anyone please give me detailed instruction how to get the page numbers show after I filled the pages with background and images?  Someone showed me once but I didn't get it and that was a while ago.  I know it has to do with creating a new layer and put it on top of other layers but please give me more details. Thanks in advance!!

• 1. Re: How do I get page numbers show after background/ images filled the pages?
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

You have to work with layers. Create several layers, like Background—Images—Text—Page Number.

In the mast put the page number on the topmost layer (Page Number).

Every item on the page is above every item from the master on the same layer. That's why you have to work with layers.

Layers prevent also some problems in interacting transparency with text. That's why I recommend to use a seperate layer for images under the text.

And with the same problem you have with the page number, I recommend to create a background layer if you have to add a backround (image or color) under everything.

• 2. Re: How do I get page numbers show after background/ images filled the pages?
            mykw123 Level 1

Hi Willi

I am terribly sorry that I didn't know there was a reply to my question until now!!  Thanks so much for your great explanation.  I found my own way to fix the problem a few days ago but not really considered a correct way to do it.  I will definitely practice with the instruction you have given here!!  Thanks so much!!  I really appreciate it!!

Thank you,

mykw120