4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2014 4:05 PM by George_Johnson

Auto run Action on Document Open

Teivioko

This is my first time posting here and first time using any sort of javascript / Adobe SDK so please don't be too rough on me.

But what I have is an Action setup that runs Javascript to insert a mouse up action into a Digital Signature field (that is placed post-print from another program) and place a standard text box. The code is working just fine doing what it needs to, well my end users don't like having to push a button (go figure) and I am trying to automate the process when a document is opened with a certain title.

The code isn't throwing any errors and isn't working and I am stuck. I have been using the Adobe SDK pdf in my adventure into javascript and its been doing just fine for me until now.

The code will eventually insert javascript into 4 different Digital Signature fields and place 4 text boxes all with action's tied to them. I am currently just trying to get one to work. here is what i have so far, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Blue section is what I have working in the Action Script, Red is where I am having issues.

var d = app.activeDocs;

for (var i=0; i < d.length; i++)

if (d[i].info.Title == "DIGSIGTEST")

{

var aCropRect = this.getPageBox("Crop",0);

var nRight = aCropRect[2]/1;

var a = "if (!this.getField(\"CHIEF_ENGINEER\").value) this.getField(\"DATE_1\").value = \"\";\relse this.getField(\"DATE_1\").value = util.printd(\"mm/dd/yyyy\", new Date());";

d[i].getField("CHIEF_ENGINEER").setAction("MouseUp",a);

// Field is along bottom edge of crop, 400 points wide, 20 points tall

var rectFld = [];

rectFld[0] = nRight-98; // Left side is 150pts to the left of the right

rectFld[1] = aCropRect[3]+275;  // Top side is 400pts above the bottom

rectFld[2] = nRight-20; // Right side is -25pts to the right of the right

rectFld[3] = aCropRect[3]+230;  // Bottom is 360pts above the bottom of Crop Box

//Add Field

var oFld = this.addField("DATE_1", "text", 0, rectFld);

var ccalc = "if (!this.getField(\"CHIEF_ENGINEER\").value) this.getField(\"DATE_1\").value = \"\";";

this.getField("DATE_1").setAction("Calculate",ccalc);

}

Im using Adobe X Pro and notepadd++