• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can You Copy A Project In RH8?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still using RH8 and I'm creating documentation for a new version of a product. We created the documentation for the old version and 80% of the changes we need to make are just changing the version #. So I figured it would just be easiest to copy the old documentation and then do a find and replace. Is there an easy way to copy a Robohelp project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Likely the project still believes it is in Source Control.

See if the link below helps you with breaking that link. Once that has been corrected you should be able to rename the project. Then, if you still want the new project in Source Control, you will add it back in.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, couldn't be simpler.

Open the Project Manager pod.

Right-click a topic and choose Explore from the context menu.

That will drop you right into the project location.

Now, create a folder to keep the new project in.

Copy all content from the existing project to the new folder.

Close the project and open the copy in the new folder.

Click File > Rename Project and change the name. (just so it won't be confusing to have two identically named projects)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That was very helpful. Only one problem, it won't let me rename the new project. The "Rename Project" text is grayed-out. Also, the files don't seem to be showing up in RoboSource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely the project still believes it is in Source Control.

See if the link below helps you with breaking that link. Once that has been corrected you should be able to rename the project. Then, if you still want the new project in Source Control, you will add it back in.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great it worked! Thank you!

I hesitate to ask you to help me again after helping so much already, but how do you add something back to Source Control? I tried looking online, but I must not be looking in the right places because I can't seem to find out how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I believe you do it as follows:

First, right-click your toolbars and ensure you see a check mark beside "Version Control".

tmp1.png

Now, from the Version Control toolbar, click the Add to Version Control button.

tmp2.png

Hopefully after that point it's clear what you should do. I say that because I've never really done this myself. I don't use Source Control. I might imagine a wizard or other dialog would appear that would help you finish the task.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp