6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 10:17 AM by grantham8

Burning second dvd

grantham8

How can i easily burn a second dvd from a project several days after the first burn .. Pinnacle offered the option of burning from a previously created file ---Elements does not show as option and just disappears into tedious process of encoding etc ---even though it would appear to have cretaed files at the first burn and stored them on pc . It woul dsave a lot of time ---currently after 21 mins only 45% complete---Avchd --7gb ..

• 1. Re: Burning second dvd
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for articles on how to do things in Premiere.

I will Move your post to the main PrE Forum, where you will get more eyes on it, and responses. Your link and any e-mail subscriptions will follow.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Moved to Premiere Elements Forum]

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Burning second dvd
            the_wine_snob Level 9

In PrE, the easiest way to burn multiple DVD's, is to first Burn to Folder, creating the VIDEO_TS folder, with the necessary IFO, BUP and VOB files. Then, use a burning utility, such as the free ImgBurn, to do the physical burns. It also gives you the ability to use a slower burn speed.

Note: though ImgBurn is free, when you install it, do a Custom install, and make sure that you do not allow it to add any "extras," such as browser toolbars. http://softreviews.co/get/imgburn/?pk=964482&c=SoftRev_IMGBurn_CCUS_Content2

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Burning second dvd
              A.T. Romano Level 7

grantham8

Please clarify.

Hunt seems to be addressing your question as if you were doing your Premiere Elements burn to disc DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

On the contrary, you wrote

It woul dsave a lot of time ---currently after 21 mins only 45% complete---Avchd --7gb ..

That sounds to me that you are doing the Premiere Elements burn to disc AVCHD format on DVD disc. Is that correct?

The AVCHD counterpart of what Hunt described for DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc is to do the Premiere Elements AVCHD burn to folder to get

the BDMV Folder and then take that to AVCHD format on a DVD disc or Blu-ray disc in that ImgBurn program. If that is the case, Part of

the ImgBurn experience is getting the format put on the disc with the correct disc file system. ImgBurn does a lot of helping in that

regard but you do want to double check its choice to avoid disc playback issues.

Would making exact copies of the original disc using the software that came with your burner be a viable option for you?

Please view and let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Burning second dvd
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Would making exact copies of the original disc using the software that came with your burner be a viable option for you?

I assume that you are aware that ImgBurn also has a direct Disc Duplication function too?

Hunt

• 5. Re: Burning second dvd
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Yes, I knew that. Two angles on that as far as I can determine....

I am still working with ImgBurn version 2.5.7.0

In one, Copy disc seems to include a 2 step process

a. Create Image File from Disc

and then

b. Write the Image File to Disc

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61

Is that what you had in mind?

or I suspect that you might be thinking more in line with import your BDMV Folder in ImgBurn and then

set for Copies under Device Tab

Copy.JPG

Based on the Write files/folder to disc choice.

ATR

• 6. Re: Burning second dvd
                    grantham8 Level 1

Thank you guys --Both of you .

ATR---you were correct ---I was burning avchd direct to DL/dvd on this occassion.

Bill --your assumption was also correct because I had burned the same project to DVD at lower quality as friends dvd player would not have the avchd .

All i need to do is make sure that the folders and files are retained

I can see that either way I need to use IMGburn so thanks for the advice .

thank you for the help

Grantham8