3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 10:27 AM by bogiesan

Snow Blast/Swirl Effects

The_Docteur

Hey y'all! I'm running AE CreativeCloud and I'd like to do a few different styles of snow blasts, similar to the kind seen in Disney's Frozen here:

http://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk?t=1m

I've been playing around with the particle world and various generators but haven't had a lot of luck. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to achieve this sort of thing?

Many thanks!

• 1. Re: Snow Blast/Swirl Effects
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You will probably need more than one copy of particle world. Trapcode's Particular would give you more options but you still may need more than one instance. That is usually the key to a believable effect.

• 2. Re: Snow Blast/Swirl Effects
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

The obvious answer would be that in themovie they used elaborate custom 3D simultions. That being so,  you will at least have to use multiple layers with a bit of parallax/ depth to make things look realistic as Rick already said. Simply keep trying.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Snow Blast/Swirl Effects
              bogiesan Level 4

the obvious answer, for Disney, is money. Money and people. Okay, two answers, obviously.

Money, people and experience.

Oops, that's three obvious answers.

Okay, maybe four: money (lots of money), people (lots of people), experience (about 100 years' worth), custom software and time.

Drat! That's five obvious answers.