3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 9:50 AM by Josh_Corey

I would like to be a drop-down

ciccigno

I would like to be a drop-down menu that once you have select an item, would open another drop down with sub-items of the inherent checked early

• 1. Re: I would like to be a drop-down
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

There is "Show/Hide" logic in a paid level subscription that you can use to show a secondary dropdown based on the answer to a dropdown.  I think that is what you are asking about. 

Create dropdown #1 and then create dropdown #2 and in the Properties panel for dropdown #2 check the "Show/Hide item" box and set up the logic for the show/hide in the dialog that opens up, setting the field to show if the correct selection is made from dropdown #1.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: I would like to be a drop-down
            VaughanHollandConsulting

Thank you Josh for your answer to the OP. I understand how it works, but would appreciate a clarification (from Josh or anyone). You say

"Create dropdown #1 and then create dropdown #2 and in the Properties panel for dropdown #2 check the "Show/Hide item" box and set up the logic for the show/hide in the dialog that opens up, setting the field to show if the correct selection is made from dropdown #1."

Suppose (in your example) dropdown #1 has 10 choices (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10). For my purposes, I want dropdown #2 to appear if any selection is made from dropdown #1. Not just a specific selection, but any selection. From what I can see, if I want to do that, I have to set ten seperation conditions ([field name] [is] [1], [field name] [is] [2],...)  in the "show/hide items" logic of drowndown #2.

Is that correct? I cannot seem to find logic like this: [field name] [Is/Is Not] [any] . Can you confirm/Clarify please?

Thank you!

• 3. Re: I would like to be a drop-down
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi VaghanHollandConsulting;

You are correct, there isn't an easier way to set up the logic you described, select "Show" if "Any" at the top and then add all ten fields of the dropdown as the conditions. 

Thanks,

Josh