5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 10:11 AM by turkwrks

The Tamaron AF 18-270 lens profile

turkwrks

The Tamaron AF 18-270 lens profile is not in the drop down menu. How do I add it and find others?  Also, I was watching a tutorial that mentioned Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.  Does this work with CC?

Thanks.Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 10.33.37 AM.png

• 1. Re: The Tamaron AF 18-270 lens profile
          Yammer Level 4

The latest lens profiles come with the latest versions of Camera Raw and DNG Converter (currently 8.4RC from Labs). If they are not on the list then Adobe hasn't made one.

You may be lucky, and someone else may have made one with Adobe Lens Profile Creator, in which case you can search for and download it using Adobe Lens Profile Downloader. This works with any version of Camers Raw after 6.1, because it drops the files in the standard location used by all Lens-Profile-aware versions.

If you're unlucky, you can always make a profile yourself using Adobe Lens Profile Creator. This may be a major task with a superzoom, as you need to make sure your self-printed target is big enough in the frame at several zoom settings and you will need a good sample of apertures at several focal lengths. And let's not forget that superzooms are a bag of compromises in the distortion department. Good luck with that.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: The Tamaron AF 18-270 lens profile
            turkwrks Level 1

Thank you.

• 3. Re: The Tamaron AF 18-270 lens profile
              Yammer Level 4

By the way, this is what is installed with 8.3:

tamron.png

Which camera are you using it with?

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: The Tamaron AF 18-270 lens profile
                Yammer Level 4

PS. I've just noticed that your source file pictured above is a JPG. The Lens Profiles shown above only work with Raw files.

The profile shown in your screen grab show the only Adobe-supplied Tamron non-Raw profile for Canon.

In short, you need to be shooting Raw to take advatage of the lens profiles.

• 5. Re: The Tamaron AF 18-270 lens profile
                  turkwrks Level 1

I downloaded the installer and performed the update.  I don't know what version I have though.  I can not see any Tamaron lenses.

Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 12.09.50 PM.png