3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 6:41 AM by A.T. Romano

Is there a way to put multiple text objects in the same frame but with different timings?

SunnyKSood

Windows 7

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

Beginner User

I am editing a video of my self talking to the camera and would like to impose text on the screen to highlight what I am saying. When I am discussing each point I would like them to appear as text separately.

Imagine the video of me standing and talking to the camera

"Today I am going to talk about travelling in the North of Scotland and give advice on how to get by. I will talk about the best value hostels " - the word 'hostels' appears first at the top right of the screen

"I will describe the best routes to take" - the word 'routes' now appears under the the word 'hostels'

"And finally, I will describe the best places to eat traditional Scottish cuisine" - the word 'food' now appears under 'routes'.

Apologies if this seems basic but the documentation is focuses on using one title or the set effects. I suppse I am trying to create a presentaiton style of video.

Cheers

• 1. Re: Is there a way to put multiple text objects in the same frame but with different timings?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

SunnyKSood

The quickest approach that comes to mind is

a. create 3 separate titles in the Titler (Text Menu/New Text/Default Text)....

food, goes on Video 4

routes, goes on Video 3

hostels, goes on Video 2

Arrange them so that when viewed they are viewed as

hostels

routes

food

text1.JPG

b. Move hostels (Video 2) to where you want it to start in relation to

"Today I am going to talk about travelling in the North of Scotland and give advice on how to get by. I will talk about the best value hostels " - the word 'hostels' appears first at the top right of the screen

Move routes (Video 3) to where you want it to start in relation to

"I will describe the best routes to take" - the word 'routes' now appears under the the word 'hostels'

Move food (4) to where you want it to start in relation to

"And finally, I will describe the best places to eat traditional Scottish cuisine" - the word 'food' now appears under 'routes'.

c. When all that is done to this stage, it might look like this...

Title2.JPG

Now to arrange and drag out track content so that we see

hostels

then hostels + routes

then hostel + routes + food

when they are supposed to appear in conjunction with the video's dialog.

The final workspace should look like

Title3.JPG

Please give this a try. And, do not hesitate to let me know if you need clarification on anything described.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Is there a way to put multiple text objects in the same frame but with different timings?
            SunnyKSood Level 1

Thanks! That's done the trick and was very simple. Very similar to editing sound tracks - quite new to video editing in adobe but trying to get serious

Thanks for all the helpful images you copied in as well -  I couldn't find any documentation on adding video tracks or in using expert mode.

If anyone like me is new to adobe premiere elements, I found a tutorial on youtube that used video tracks in expert mode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMFGWNFYrbA

Cheers

• 3. Re: Is there a way to put multiple text objects in the same frame but with different timings?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

SunnyKSood

Thanks for the follow up and the good news that the suggestion worked for you.

Please never hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification. As always, glad for the

opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR