1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2006 3:04 PM by Newsgroup_User

Tv Broadcast within Director

toby397
      Hello there

I'm part of a small team that have been commisioned to create an in-house information system for a loca lcompany. Basically, the client wants to be able to display Sky Tv through a plasma monitor via director. Director needs to be used as there will be company information displayed in a scroll bar running over the top of the tv images.

can anyone suggest a technique or Xtra that would enable us to do this?

Many thanks...

Toby Lawrence
        • 1. Re: Tv Broadcast within Director
          Level 7
          Toby,

Something to look at would be the twain xtra or an xtra that supports twain.
          It sounds like the twain xtra does!

Then get a twain complaint TV-video input card for the pc. Then you should
          be able to tell the xtra to use the feed from the TV video input and drag
          the sprite on stage. A while back I was using an extra from penworks.com to
          capture video input and noticed that I was able to select my wintv card and
          have it show the tv. But penworks.com is no longer coming up.

Basically you need to find a combination of a TV input card, possibly even
          USB, and an xtra that will access it.

webcamxtra will allow you to show video on screen from a webcam. It might
          also allow you to select a TV input signal it it's coming in through
          whatever input it's using which is probabably twain.

Timm

"toby397" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e7gece$jsh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello there
          >
          > I'm part of a small team that have been commisioned to create an in-house
          > information system for a loca lcompany. Basically, the client wants to be
          > able
          > to display Sky Tv through a plasma monitor via director. Director needs
          > to be
          > used as there will be company information displayed in a scroll bar
          > running
          > over the top of the tv images.
          >
          > can anyone suggest a technique or Xtra that would enable us to do this?
          >
          > Many thanks...
          >
          > Toby Lawrence
          >