4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 8:18 PM by Aurora0515

.mov files

Aurora0515

On Saturday I was able to create .mov files.  When I went to use the program Sunday the option to create .mov files was gone.

I click on Publish and Share, choose computer and my only option now is Adobe Flash Video and there isn’t a choice to create a .mov file.

What is going on here?

• 1. Re: .mov files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Aurora0515

Before I can give you some specific information, please remind me what version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

Generalizing for now...

Make sure that you have QuickTime latest version installed on your computer and that you are Run As Administrator and running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

Before we head for an uninstall/reinstall of Premiere Elements and QuickTime, let us delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

II cannot give you more specific information until you give me the details on program version and computer operating system.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Are you saying that there is nother other than Adobe Flash Video listed under Publish+Share/Computer?

• 2. Re: .mov files
            Aurora0515 Level 1

The mystery is solved.  When I selected QuickTime as the type of file I wanted my video to be saved in I thought I saw a choice of .mov.  I was mistaken.  Now I chose HD 1080i 25, H264, AAC 48khz as the format to save my file in and I was back in business.

I appreciate your quick response.

Thanks for the help.

• 3. Re: .mov files
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Aurora 0515

Great news that "I was back in business." But....

Could you clarify? When you select QuickTime in the sharing area of the program, all the exports from there are going to have a .mov file extension. Each of the exports from the QuickTime category can have different video and audio compression, but all will have the .mov file extension.

Based on what you described for your success, you generated a video file with H.264 video compression and AAC audio compression and the file had a .mov file extension.

If you are OK with your workflow, fine. But, if you need to discuss some details of your workflow, please do not hesitate to ask. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Congratuations on your success.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: .mov files
                Aurora0515 Level 1

Thanks for your offer of further assistance but I am satisfied with the results I am getting.  Also, thanks for explaining there are different compressions for video and audio depending on what format I choose.

My main goal is to get a .mov file that I can view on my iPad mini and the ones I am creating will do the trick.

Thanks again.

Aurora0515

PS  I bookmarked this website in case I have further questions on anything to do with Elements.