3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2006 6:57 AM by robgreig

Site relative linking

robgreig
      Hi.
      When fireworks exports HTML it uses document relative linking for the slices. (eg. The HTML code might say the file path is: images/fireworks/slicename.gif. I need to use site relative linking, so the file path of a slice would be: /images/fireworks/slicename.gif (note the / in front). This is because I am including my fireworks Navbar at the top of each page using Server Side Includes, but some of the pages are outside of the site root, meaning the links to the images are broken. For example. Site Root>About>index.shtml. The page is looking for the Images>Fireworks inside the about folder, because it is using document relative linking. Can I set fireworks to use site relative linking, as I can't find a setting anywhere that will do it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
      Rob.
        • 1. Re: Site relative linking
          Level 7
          bertdabeat wrote:

> Can I set fireworks to use site relative linking, as
          > I can't find a setting anywhere that will do it.

Hi Rob,

You'll have to set them manually. Fireworks was developed for creating
          Web graphics, not Web sites. It doesn't have the sophisticated features
          of a fully developed HTML editor like Dreamweaver. I find the best work
          flow is to export objects from Fireworks to a site I've defined in
          Dreamweaver, and do the site building, including things like adding URLs
          to images, there.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Site relative linking
            robgreig Level 1
            Yes. I have been making a navbar in fireworks and exporting to dreamweaver for use with the rest of my site. I'll try using a find and replace of the source code to change the picture links. Thanks for your help.

Rob.
            • 3. Site relative linking
              robgreig Level 1
              [DELETE]