1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 9:06 PM by A.T. Romano

XMPSES file extension and Out of Sync issues

uberjaeger

I captured a VHS tape to an AVI. If I watch this file using Windows Media player, the audio and video are in sync. I then imported the AVI into PE11 and created a video project. I selected the MPEG option for Computer under Publish+Share. I did not change any settings. The preset is NTSC DVD Standard. When the project was complete, I now have two files

FILENAME.MPG

FILENAME.MPG.XMPSES

Also, when I play the .MPG file using Windows Media player, the audio and video are out of sync. The audio is delayed by a couple seconds.

I am using Windows 8.1

Does anyone know why PE11 creates the two files? Is this related to the sync issues?

thanks,

• 1. Re: XMPSES file extension and Out of Sync issues
          A.T. Romano Level 7

uberjaeger

That .xmpses is an informational file attributed to Adobe and described as a Premiere Elements DVD Marker File (has information about DVD marker project, chapters, titles and scenes). I can confirm its existance. I do not suspect that as the source of your out of sync audio in your Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with NTSC DVD Standard export.

How did you capture the VHS tape to AVI and what type of AVI did put on the Premiere Elements 11 Timeline....DV AVI? If DV AVI, was it type 1 or type 2?

What were the properties of this import into Premiere Elements 11 - 720 x 480 4:3 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second or something else? What did you use for Add Media?

What was the project preset of this Premiere Elements 11 project? Did you set the project preset to NTSC DV Standard manually before the Add Media or did you let the program automatically set the project preset based on the first video drag to the project's Timeline? If the program took charge, what did it set? Please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if grayed out).

If you take your Timeline directly to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc, does the DVD-VIDEO standard on DVD disc play back with out of sync audio?

By the way, do you have the VLC Player and does your mpg play back with audio out of sync there?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR