3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2006 5:45 PM by Newsgroup_User

Special Characters in Fireworks 8

luckyarthur
      Greetings,

This question apparently also relates to Flash but it happens in Fireworks so I'm posting it here.

In Fireworks 8, if you click the menu item 'Window' and then click on the item 'Special Characters' the panel will open with a window that literally shows special characters. This apparently is created by a Flash Movie file called 'Special Characters.swf' that can be found in the 'Command Panels' subfolder of the 'Configuration' subfolder located in the 'Fireworks 8' Folder.

BUT, if you double-click on that 'Special Characters.swf' file the window that opens does not reveal these special characters, it only shows a grid with empty spaces. I tried opening that file in the Flash program but that didn't reveal anything other than this same empty window.

I am going crazy trying to figure out how those special characters show up in the panel and I was wondering if anyone has the answer to this.

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Special Characters in Fireworks 8
          Level 7
          luckyarthur wrote:
          > Greetings,
          >
          > This question apparently also relates to Flash but it happens in Fireworks so
          > I'm posting it here.
          >
          > In Fireworks 8, if you click the menu item 'Window' and then click on the item
          > 'Special Characters' the panel will open with a window that literally shows
          > special characters. This apparently is created by a Flash Movie file called
          > 'Special Characters.swf' that can be found in the 'Command Panels' subfolder of
          > the 'Configuration' subfolder located in the 'Fireworks 8' Folder.
          >
          > BUT, if you double-click on that 'Special Characters.swf' file the window that
          > opens does not reveal these special characters, it only shows a grid with empty
          > spaces. I tried opening that file in the Flash program but that didn't reveal
          > anything other than this same empty window.
          >
          > I am going crazy trying to figure out how thos special characters show up and
          > I was wondering if anyone has the answer to this.
          >
          > Thank you.
          >
          Can't help you with an answer but, if I double-click that .swf, it is
          not empty.

SKB
          • 2. Re: Special Characters in Fireworks 8
            luckyarthur Level 1
            Newsgroup User,

Forgive me for reiterating, but are you saying that when you double-click on that file you are not just seeing an empty grid but that you actually are seeing the special characters, the same as you would see if you saw it in the Special Characters panel? If so, then it is bizarre that I am seeing the characters in the panel but not when I double-click the file.
            • 3. Re: Special Characters in Fireworks 8
              Level 7
              luckyarthur wrote:
              > Newsgroup User,
              >
              > Forgive me for reiterating, but are you saying that when you double-click on
              > that file you are not just seeing an empty grid but that you actually are
              > seeing the special characters, the same as you would see if you saw it in the
              > Special Characters panel? If so, then it is bizarre that I am seeing the
              > characters in the panel but not when I double-click the file.
              >
              yes I do see the characters.....