9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 8:09 PM by Noel Carboni Branched to a new discussion.

Photoshop CC 3-18-14 Update Crashing

gcrusco Level 1

I am running Photoshop CC (64) on a Windows 7 Home Series 7 Samsung laptop. Ever since the CC update a couple days ago, the program crashes 5-10 times a day. I have updated Windows and my drivers without a cure. The program will start but after working for awhile it will crash. Is their a way to reverse a CC update? This is unacceptable. Also I have a new pop-up every morning that a second instance of acrobat is trying to start but cannot since one has already begun. Adobe needs to fix its software and make CC work or go back to the way things were!

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC 3-18-14 Update Crashing
          Level 7

We haven't put out a Photoshop update in several weeks.

It sounds like you are referring to the Behance update.

And without the details from the crash report, we can't tell why you are crashing on your system when other users are not seeing that many crashes.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC 3-18-14 Update Crashing
            gcrusco Level 1

That is funny (not really). I remember distinctly authorizing a bug fix for

Photoshop 2 days ago and my Creative Cloud control panel says Photoshop was

updated 2 days ago along with AI and ID. (that is when all the crashing

started) Are you saying the control panel updates are erroneous? In fact,

as I write this, Creative Cloud is updating! I am running Photoshop 14.2.1

x64 according to PS help. See the crash info below. Thanks!

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Photoshop.exe

Application Version: 14.2.1.570

Application Timestamp: 52f4a9f2

Fault Module Name: StackHash_a322

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247

Fault Module Timestamp: 521eaf24

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 00000000000c4102

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: a322

Additional Information 2: a3225fbf3f54eecb82ba1742c2a92320

Additional Information 3: e4be

Additional Information 4: e4be1cdb0d79b963219cdae66b1b14af

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC 3-18-14 Update Crashing
              Noel Carboni Level 8

Chris is really trying to be helpful, not evasive.  He tells it like it is.

To my knowledge the only current method to drop back to an older version is to use the Creative Cloud complete removal tool (you can find it on Adobe's web site), then install the original version 14.0 software again, then choose a particular update from the specific Adobe download links provided by ProDesignTools.com. 

-Noel

• 4. Re: Photoshop CC 3-18-14 Update Crashing
                Noel Carboni Level 8

By the way, I have Photoshop 14.2.1 and it's perfectly stable on my Windows workstation.

-Noel

• 5. Re: Photoshop CC 3-18-14 Update Crashing
                  Level 7

I'm saying you didn't read the details on the update, which was for Behance (that gets used by multiple applications).

Photoshop itself has not been updated since the 14.2.1 update several weeks ago.

Unfortunately a stackhash crash could be from anything.

Since other people aren't seeing frequent crashes, I'd guess your problem is a driver, third party plugin, or Flash panel.

If you use Behance, then that update might be causing it. If you don't use Behance, then their updated code won't be invoked at all.

• 6. Re: Photoshop CC 3-18-14 Update Crashing
                    jdingwell Level 1

I'm not a Behance user. Is there anyway to turn off the update indicator so I can skip this udpate?

• 7. Re: Photoshop CC 3-18-14 Update Crashing
                      Picturequest Level 1

I am having a problem after updating to the lates CC. Win7 x64. I work on large files. Everything works great then if I use the magnifying glass, I click it doesn't enlarge and I get a blocked up like vertical red lines over part of the image, it does not zoom in. and I must force restart PS.

I did try updating my Nvidia drivers and I have the same issue. Will do a screen shot next time it happens.

• 8. Re: Photoshop CC 3-18-14 Update Crashing
                        JJMack Most Valuable Participant

There have been several updates lately to the Creative Cloud desktop application itself.   Photoshop 14.2.1 is quite stable but not perfectly as some of us do get occasional crashes. Update 14.2.1  was made in Februarys 2/18/2014 the Bhance update Chris was referring to was not a Photoshop CC update. There was no 3/18/2014 Photoshop CC update. The 3/19/2014 Creative Cloud update introduved a problem and the creative cloud was updated again after 3/19/2024

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/missing-msvcp110dll.html

• 9. Re: Photoshop CC 3-18-14 Update Crashing
                          Noel Carboni Level 8

See if you have reconfigured your Cache Levels setting to 1.  If so, try changing it to 4 or higher (then closing and restarting Photoshop).

-Noel