1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 1:36 PM by IsakTen

Problem validating digital signature

marianamlopes Level 1

Hi!

When I try to validate a digital signature in Adobe Acrobat, I get two different responses, given the path I choose to validate the signature.

If I go through "Signatures panel" and check the validity of the certificate that signed the document, it tells me it's OK. If I click directly on the signature, and go through "Signature properties", it tells me the certificate signature can't be verified.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Mariana

• 1. Re: Problem validating digital signature
          IsakTen Level 4

Which Acrobat version, which OS? Could you, provide screen shots indicating where do you see discrepancy?

Also, please do the following.

1. Close and reopen Acrobat. Open your PDF. Look at the Signatures pane and record info in it. Then click on the signature. When you click on the signature it revalidates it and then offers you to open :Signature Properties" dialog. If you cancel this offer and look a the Signatures pane again, does it show the same info as the first time?

2. Close and reopen Acrobat. Open your PDF. Look at the Signatures pane and record info in it. Right-click on the signature and select "Show Signature Properties". The "Signature Properties" dialog comes up (without revalidating the signature as in #1). Does it say the same as in #1?