1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 8:19 AM by D Fosse

colour profile - Working with Web and UI Graphics

lister110 Level 1

Hi,

Been working with web graphics for a while. My current Bridge/Colour sync is Europe General Purpose 3. Photosop CC has an RGB setting of sRGB IEX61966-2.1 But I havent set anything up in the View Proof Setup or turning on Proof Colours. (should this be on).

The Mac Im using is an Imac (at Work) iMac Profile is used on the color preferences.

I have recently come across http://ustwo.com/ppp/ which basically says use your MonitorRGB and also turn off Save sRGB when for web. What is the correct settings to use for the web and UI elements so they match

Thanks

lister

• 1. Re: colour profile - Working with Web and UI Graphics
          D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

lister110 wrote:

I have recently come across http://ustwo.com/ppp/ which basically says use your MonitorRGB and also turn off Save sRGB when for web. What is the correct settings to use for the web and UI elements so they match

lister

Yes, if your overriding concern is that they match, you can do that. What it does is turn all color management off.

That doesn't mean it's right. It'll look different on another system, using another monitor, using a different web browser. Just so you know what you're doing.

There is a simpler way. Since you mention proof, you can proof to your monitor profile. That accomplishes exactly the same thing, viewing it without color management. Turn proof color off, and you're back to the normal color managed view.

If your concern is that it be right, so that others with properly set up systems will see it the same way you do: Use a color managed browser, embed the document color profile, and have a valid profile for your monitor (a calibrator will give you that).