1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 1:28 PM by brian.filipiak

Student Registration Forms

zappohll

I would like to create a Student Registration form, which recognizes that each parent may register 1 or more students.  I would have one page of the form for the Parent, and another page for the Student.  I would like the parent information to be entered once, and then the student page would be completed one or more times, depending on the number of students being registered.

How can I "loop" on the Student page of the form repeatedly, so I can capture each student separately?

In the Spreadsheet Responses, it should show the same parent information and unique student information for each child being registered.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Student Registration Forms
          brian.filipiak Level 2

As far as I know, there isn't a way to "loop" the responses back to the Student page.

However, you could accomplish the same thing manually by doing the following:

Set up the Parent page.

Set up a Student (1) page. At the bottom of the Student (1) page, you ask them if they need to enter information for another student. If no, they go on to whichever page you want them to go to, if yes, take them to a Student (2) page, with all of the fields duplicated (copied and pasted) on that page. Again, at the bottom of the page, ask them if they need to enter information for another student, etc.

You do this using the Show/Hide logic built in to the system, and you can do it for whole pages, not just individual items on a page/form.

It's not perfect, but pretty easy to set up. You just need to anticipate how many of the Student pages you might need at a maximum, and create all of those in advance.

Hope that helps,

Brian